Chapter One

"I can't do this anymore." I say, crying to myself. I just suffered another beating from Marcus. I have to leave him. I can't do this anymore. I pick up my phone and dial his number.

"Hello?" I was glad to hear his voice.

"Daddy?" I nearly choked out.

"Baby, you alright?"

"No. I need you."

"I'm on my way."

"Please hurry." I heard the front door burst open. I started crying even harder.

"Baby, is it Marcus?" Daddy was still on the phone.

"Yes. He just got back. I can't take it anymore! Hurry, please!" Marcus burst through through the bedroom door.

"Who the hell are you talking to?!" He screamed in my face. I dropped my phone.

"Marcus, please. Please don't hurt me."

"Shut up!" He grabbed my shirt and yanked me closer to him. I could hear the fabric ripping. He slapped me and threw me on the floor, kicking me hard in the side. I choked, coughing up blood. Where was he? Just then, I heard him.

"Cali!" Daddy's voice rang through the house. Marcus lifted me by my hair and I let out a scream. Footsteps ran up the stairs and Daddy burst into the room. "You let her go, now!" Marcus tossed me aside and squared up. The last thing I saw my father's face before I blacked out.

A/N: Sorry it's short! Only the first chapter. Had to get you into the story.