Chapter Eleven

I sat up in bed and looked around. I couldn't remember why I was suppose to be happy. Then I saw balloons tied to a present. It's my 19th birthday. I eagerly jumped up and grabbed the present. It was a big white box with a bow on it. The front of it said apple. I opened it to reveal a gold MacBook Air.

"Oh my gosh. Daddy?" I sat down the box and walked out my room. I recently started going back and forth, calling him Daddy or Chris.

He was nowhere to be found. I searched in all the rooms. He had fallen asleep in my bed the night before, so where could he have gone? I stopped in the doorway to the living room.

"Happy birthday." I screamed and twirled around only to meet his eyes.

"God, you scared me!" I breathed.

"That's the point." He wrapped his arms around me. "Your heart sounds like its about to fly out your chest."

"Because it is! You know I hate it when you scare me!"

"Awe, I'm sorry." He kissed my forehead.

"No, I don't forgive you."

"I can make you forgive me."

"No, you-" He cut me off with a kiss. I melted in his arms. He always did that to me.

He pulled away and smirked.

"Told you." he says.

"Ugh." I push him away and walk back to my room. He follows me and falls out on my bed.

"You need to get dressed." he tells me.

"Why?"

"For your birthday. Duh. Dress pretty." He winks at me and walks out. Time to get ready I guess. Then I remembered, this is the day I get my surprise! I wonder what it is.

After my nice shower, I lotion my body from head to toe. I had no idea what to wear. I decided to put on a white coca cola shirt on with red skinny jeans and red converse. I add a red SnapBack and an I Love You rubber bracelet.

"Cali, are you ready?!" Daddy calls.

"Yeah!" I grab my phone and walk out to see him dressed in dark jeans and a dark red shirt with a gold chain on his neck and tan timberlands.

"I see we got the red memo." he says, smiling.

"We did, didn't we?"

"Hey, I have to perform a small show today downtown. Afterwards, it's your surprise." I got all giddy like a little school girl finding out that her crush likes her.

"Finally! Lets go!"

"Someone's eager." We walk to the garage and get in his newly painted Porsche.

"You didn't tell me you were performing while we were here." I say as we pull out of the garage.

"I just did." he replies.

"I mean before."

"Well, I got offered to perform today by someone I met while I was out with Melanie." I found myself wincing at the mention of her name. He seemed to take notice.

"Sorry." he apologized.

"It's okay." I looked out the window. I felt him take my hand, locking his fingers within mine. I smiled at him.

We went around the island together going to stores and visiting the island's attraction. He got me everything I wanted and made me feel special. Around 1:30, we headed to the beach. The beach looked crowded and when we pulled up, I realized why. There was a stage set up and the people were surrounding it.