Chapter Twelve

I read his tweet and thought back to the time I was in 1st grade.

I was best friends with this girl named Kylie. She was really nice and I loved playing with her. But one day, while we were at school, I got really mad for the first time and I hit her. I was so upset that I had hit her that I went home crying to Daddy about it.

He was sitting in his room when I got home. The bus always dropped me off first. I had ran inside, tears running down my face.

"Daddy!" I cried as I ran into his room.

"What's wrong, Babygirl?" He asked me.

"I got mad at school today and I hit Kylie. Now I know she doesn't want to be my friend anymore." He picked me up and sat me on his lap.

"Did you say sorry?"

"No. Nothing I do will make her be my friend again."

"Sweetie, you can't take back what you did. Trust me, I've wanted to take back a lot of things I've done but I can't. I can't do anything about it. So I just say I'm sorry. That's all you can really do. All you can say is you're sorry." I never forgot those words. All you can say is you're sorry.

The next day, I went to school and Kylie was standing over by our cubbies. I walked over to her.

"Kylie?" I went. She looked at me. "I'm sorry I hit you yesterday. I really am."

"That's okay. I know you didn't mean to. Come on! Lets go play!" She grabbed my hand and pulled me with her to the toys.

She had forgiven me just like that. I was the happiest girl in the world. I did what Daddy said and everything turned out great in the end.

But could I forgive Daddy for what he had done? He had never hit me before. I don't even know why he was so angry! Well, probably because he walked in and Marcus was kissing me, but still. Or maybe he thought I still had feelings for Marcus. I would have to explain that I felt nothing towards Marcus anymore but I didn't want to go back. Not now at least. I was angry with myself. I told Daddy I hated him and I regret every word. I didn't mean to say it, it just came up. But I know that I don't hate him. I can never hate him. I absolutely love Daddy with all my heart.

I stared at his tweet. @chrisbrown: I'm sorry. That's all I can do. All I can say is I'm sorry.

It brought tears to my eyes. He probably thought that I actually hated him and I can't bear to have him think that. My heart hurt, what am I suppose to do?! Why did this all have to happen on my birthday? What did I ever do wrong?

I had no idea where I was. I had pulled over about 20 minutes ago. I sat there in Daddy's Porsche, thinking about what I'm suppose to do. Everyone was probably worried back at the house. But I couldn't go back and face Daddy. I had told him I hated him! Why would I say such a thing! I let my head fall on the steering wheel. I didn't know what to do, so I just cried. I always cried when I didn't know what to do. I pulled my knees to my chest as the tears slowly fell down my cheeks. Soon, I just cried myself to sleep.

When I awoke, the sun was just spilling over the horizon. I yawned and stretched my muscles before cranking up the car. It was 6:20 am according to the clock on the dashboard. At least I could see where I was now. I was only about 30 minutes from the house.

I pulled onto the road and just leisurely made my way back. I wasn't in any rush so why speed? I don't think I really wanna go back. But I've caused Daddy enough pain already. I could just imagine him in the den, his head in his hands as he softly wept. I had only seen him like that once and that was when he had hurt Robyn one time. She forgave him though. But he told me the thought still haunted him everyday.