Chapter Ten

I stared at Daddy as he slept and let my hand graze his soft cheek. I leaned over a placed a kiss on his forehead before getting up, putting my clothes on. Melanie was gonna be here any minute, probably pissed off cause Daddy didn't show up. After buttoning up my shirt, I ease out my room and close the door back.

I sat on the couch in the living room and turned the TV on. Today's earlier events kept playing through my head. Mostly what me and Daddy had done. It was absolutely amazing! I had never felt so good in my life. And for once in my life, I don't feel guilty about doing it. I love Daddy. And he loves me. Maybe, just maybe we were meant for each other. I wish.

I heard the front door slam.

"Chris!" she yelled, walking into the living room. Boy, was she mad or what?

"Shhh, he's alseep." I said. "Don't wake him up."

"Why the hell is he asleep? I was at the restaurant by myself! He never showed up!"

"Okay, okay. I understand that, but he's tired. Just let him sleep."

"No! Where is he?"

"Let him sleep, Mel."

"I'll find him myself." She stomped off down the hall. I jumped up and ran after her.

"Melanie! Leave him alone!" I shouted at her. She ignored me and I jumped on her back, trying to stop her.

"Get off me!" She slammed me into a wall and I fell on the floor. I grabbed her foot and she spun around, slapping my hand away. I grabbed her shirt and pulled, ripping it at the seam.

"You little tramp!" She slapped me, sending a wave a pain through my face.

"What the hell is going on?" We both looked over at Daddy. He only had on shorts and no shirt.

"Did you hurt her?" Daddy walked over to me and helped me up. "Your face is red."

"She slapped me." I said.

"She was trying to keep me away from you!" Melanie snaps.

"He was sleeping!" I yell back.

"How dare you put your hands on her." Daddy walked over to Melanie, staring her down.

"How dare I? How dare you skip out on our date this morning! I waited 2 hours for you! You said you were coming!"

"I got caught up with something." He winked at me, making me blush. Melanie looked from me, to Daddy and to me again. Then she gasped.

"She's not your daughter, is she?" she said. "That's just some made up lie, isn't it? I knew you didn't have a daughter! No one can hide a child that good! I would've heard of her before!" Actually, they did hide me good. We did everything is secret so I could live a normal life. When I turned 18, I started to hang out with Daddy publicly and the press thought I was some new girlfriend or whatever. I use to gag at it but now I'm glad they think that.

"If that's what you want to think, then fine. But this little thing we had going on, is over."

"Ugh! I should've never went out with you in the first place!" Melanie stomped out the house. I guess we were going to need a new chef.

"You okay?" he asks me, rubbing my cheek.

"Yeah. She has man hands." That made him laugh.

"I've noticed." He helped me up off the floor. "Cali, I want to talk to you."

"About?" I said, trying not to hint that I knew where he was heading with this conversation.

"About earlier. Is....is this what you really want? I don't want to make you uncomfortable. Yeah, it's gonna be hard to stay away from you but I don't want to force you to do anything."