Chapter 10

Y/n: You've been thinking about me?~
I see the blush on her face grow even dark if that's possible.

Midari Ikishima: Yeah-
Before she can say anything else I take my hand and shove her back by her chest. My face goes serious and angry again.

Y/n: Well, think about this!
I say as I flip her off with both hands before grabbing Mary by the arm and dragging her off toward the cafeteria.
Without turning around I yell out to her.

Y/n: Find someone else to gamble with because I am NOT going to gamble with you.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

Same day

y/n's POV

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

I sit in the cafeteria sipping on an energy drink as I count the number of pairs I have.

Y/n: I won! Take that!

I say as I put a tally down under my name on the piece of paper that we've been scoring our wins on.
I have 6 wins and Mary has 5. I smile at her as she glares at me.

Mary Saotome: Don't get too cocky. We said we'd play at least 15-20 games.

I put my hand on my chest and my mouth fell open in a fake offense.

Y/n: How dare you! I am not being cocky. I just know my skills and I know that I am going to win.

I say as my fake offended look turns into a sly smile. She rolls her eyes and takes all the cards and starts to shuffle them. I rest my hand on my chin and stare out into space.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

Mary's POV

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

As I shuffle the cards I can't help but look at y/n and realize how troubled she looks.

I stare at her for a few seconds waiting to see if she will come back to reality on her own but all she does is sigh and sink down further in her seat. I clear my throat loudly and y/n perks up in her seat, finally aware of her surroundings again. I start to pass out the cards before putting the rest of the stack in between up.

I look at my cards and put down a match that I already have into the table. I look back up at y/n to see that she had zoned out again.

I sigh and set my cards face down on the table and set my hands in my lap.

Mary Saotome: Can you tell me what's wrong?

I say and she looks at me confused.

Y/n: Huh?

She says while tilting her head in confusion.

Mary Saotome: I want you to tell me what's on your mind.

She laughs and sets her cards down on the table as well.

Y/n: You sound like a therapist when you talk like that.

She says jokingly and I roll my eyes in response.

Mary Saotome: Whatever, just answer my question.

She takes a deep breath and looks at me with a sad look.

Y/n: I'm a terrible friend and I feel really bad about it.