Chapter 07

"Avery!" Mom came running to me and hugged me tightly. Dad was at her back talking with Ace. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Mom asked, panicking. Checking my face and body.

I chuckled and held her hand. "Mom, I'm fine. If it wasn't for Ace, I would end up in the hospital by now." Mom shook her head and smiled a little.

Dad walk towards me and hugged me. "Are you hurt?" he asked.

"No dad" I shook my head and he looked at me.

Dad just nodded and talked to the bodyguards outside. It was scary, to be honest. The fact that I was about to get killed. This wasn't the first time it happened.

"What were you even doing outside?" Mom asked.

"I just wanted to go for a walk, mom," I said while walking to their office. She said we have to talk about something.

I sit down on the couch, while mom was typing something on her phone. The door opened and I saw dad and Ace come in.

Mom sat down beside me on the couch, while dad is sitting in front of us. Ace was just standing.

"This is the fifth time that this incident is happening. The next one might be dangerous." dad said, seriously. "I'm planning on hiring you a private teacher for you and being homeschooled." What... Homeschooled?

I can't even stay in the house for at least one week already. Then I'm getting homeschooled?

"There's no way I'm getting homeschooled..." I said and shook my head.

"And why is that?" Dad asked.

"Dad, I can't just stay home because of an incident, and I can't stay home for a year!" I said.

"Aver-"

"Mom, please don't agree with this." I looked at mom with pleading eyes. I don't want to be staying at home like I'm a prisoner.

Dad sighed and told Ace to go out for a while. He followed and started walking out. As the door closed, I looked at dad. With a pleading facial expression. 

"Dad, please don't let me be homeschooled. Besides, I have a bodyguard! What's the point of having one when I'm just gonna stay home?" I said and pointed at the door, where Ace left.

Dad's face was serious, he was thinking of something. Mom was just silent and listening to our conversation.  She knows how much I hate this.

"Fine... We'll let you be homeschooled. But" He emphasized the word 'but'. "Ace will always be around you wherever you go." Dad looked at me. Which I did too and I started thinking if this deal is good.

I sighed and nodded. "Fine..."