Chapter 13 Attacked

It was another day in Liyue and you were walking down the street after sleeping on it you decided that Zhongli is someone you had to keep happy. Not for the sake of yourself but for others. Afterall it's a good idea to keep a person pleased if they hold the title of "god of war". So you were on your way to the funeral polar the escorts were with you. You told Ganyu.. well more like ordered to take the day off and sleep.

You stopped infront of the building and went inside.

"Hello welcome to-" Zhongli paused seeing you enter into the parlor. "Your Holiness." he said surprised quickly going around the counter making his way to you arms open for a hug. However he was blocked by the knights. 'how dare these mortals block me from my beloved!' Zhongli thought about to voice his anger Hu Tao quickly entered the area.

"Your grace!!" She said happy "it's an honor for you to visit my humble establishment" you dismissed the escorts as they settled back into position.

"Hello Hu Tao." You greeted her as she went to you and bowed.

"Are you here to discuss plans of the coffin." She said smiling as you laughed.

"Not today. I'm actually here to steal someone from you for a bit if I may." You said. She looked curious so you explained yourself "you see I've heard someone who works here is quite knowledgeable of Liyue and about it's former Archon. And I wish to borrow him for a while"

"Oh you must mean Zhongli!" She said "he's my consultant! And he's right over there" she motioned to him. "Come here Zhongli her grace is looking for you"

Zhongli calmly went towards you and kneeled. His heart was beating fast. You came to him. Words of the scholars raced back to them. Of course you loved him. You came to his work like how a lover would visit their partner at their work. If that's not a sign of affection then what is. He kneeled infront of you taking your hand and planting on a kiss on it like before he greeted you. "Hello your holiness. How can I help you?" He looked at you and smiled.

Hu Tao eyes widen a bit realizing. Quickly she spoke "you can borrow him all the time you want your grace!" She said happy. Getting Zhongli and pushing him gently towards you. "Zhongli take the rest of the day off! Tend to her grace well!"

Surprised Zhongli looked at Hu Tao and saw her give him a wink. He was pleased it was clear she was helping him.

"Thank you" you said happy as you started to head out. "Then we will be going" the escorts opened the door for you as you head out with Zhongli close behind.

"You got this Zhongli! I'm rooting for you!" Hu Tao yelled after us. Zhongli looked pleased.

"So how can I help you your grace?" Zhongli asked.

"I wanted to walk out of the city for a bit but last time I did that I got a bit lost.." you said looking away a bit embarrassed. You heard Zhongli chuckle amused. You looked at him "hey stop laughing!" You whines.

"It is alright your grace many tend to be lost afterall it is a wide terrain." He said reassuring. Taking the lead he lead out you out of Liyue. Your escorts following as well.

"And here you have see the view of the Harbor" Zhongli said as you looked. It was more break taking than the view from the Jade Chamber. The former Archon smiled to himself watching you being moved by the city he put much effort into building. "Careful your grace remember to not stand to close to the edge of the cliff"

"I wont" you said happy "the air feels so fresh up here!" You stretched your arms up enjoying yourself. You were about to say something til a knife took down of your escorts.

"Leon!" One of the others ran to him checking his pulse.. "he's gone.."

"Quick protect her grace!" The others said but it was too late more knives rained down taking the remaining escorts.

Zhongli quickly hugged you to himself protective as you cried out the names of your escorts. They become your friends.

"We have to save them!" You cried out as Zhongli held you close to him.

"It's too late your grace there gone" he said hugging you close. You were crying out to them as he held you close. You heard growling you looked up to see Zhongli's eyes sharp his pupil into slits. A group come out surrounding you two. You recognized the outfits they were wearing.

"Fatui.." you said as Zhongli was growling.

"Your Holiness. I ask you to come with us" the one infront who you thought was the leader said.

"I'll never go with you! You killed my friends!" You yelled at them angry.

"It had to be done they wouldn't have let you" the leader replied. "Please come with us we won't harm you." They bowed showing their respect.

"No! I know what your group is up to and I refuse to go to with you! Leave us alone!" You yelled angry. You wanted to go to the escorts they couldn't be dead there had to be someone alive and you needed to help them.

"I'm sorry your grace. We have orders to take you. Even if your unwilling" the leader stood up as it gave a signal causing the rest of the group to rush forward.

"How dare you!" Zhongli yelled angered stepping up to fight them off leaving you at the edge of the cliff.

"Get her! Kill him! No witnesses!" The leader yelled as the group fought Zhongli while making his way to you. You wanted to run but they were everywhere. Behind you was nothing. "Come your grace." The leader said reaching out to you. Angry you yelled at him.

"Get away from me!" The ground shook violently as cracks were heard. Your eyes widen as you saw the leader rush towards you arms out yelling for you.

"No! Your grace!" You saw Zhongli run towards you as you fell. The tip of the cliff having broken off. "Your grace!" Zhongli cried out after you.

You were falling and were going to land within seconds. You didn't want to die. Not like this you wanted help you cried out his name bracing yourself for impact but felt arms catch you instead look up you saw Xiao caught you.

"I got you your Grace" he said holding you close firmly as he landed with you. You hugged him close. Everything happened so fast you were still in shock. "Your grace?" Xiao called you as you started crying. He quickly hugged you close. "It's ok. I'm here. Your safe." He reassured you letting you cry out.

Zhongli saw Xiao catch you and take you to safety. He was relieved knowing Xiao will keep you safe. He got to see the Fatui surround him.

"Kill him quick we have to get her grace before someone-" the leader froze seeing Zhongli's glare his eyes nonhuman like as he growled.

"You dare attack her." He said as his hands were turned claw like. "You won't be going anywhere "

Xiao held you close as you slept in his hold. After crying everything out you fell asleep. He was carrying you towards the Jade Chamber. A sin was committed against you today and he was going to find the ones responsible. Landing on your balcony he went into your room and settled you on your bed gently.

Childe was livid. "Those Bastards I told them no!" He was in his office. How could they try to take her grace! "I'll kill everyone single one of them myself!" He declared to himself. He got up and was about to storm out but saw his door open and entering another Harbinger.

"I have news" Scaramouche said with a grin "from the Tsaritsa"