Chapter 24 Everything's Set.

You stayed out practicing until it was dark out, which Baal escorted you back. You were happy you finally knew how to use these things at will. Once arriving at the town you headed straight to your room for a nice refreshing bath before dinner.

After relaxing in the bath you got out and ready. Heading over you saw your team who you greeted happy.

"Hey! How was your guys day?" You asked.

"We had fun" Venti said hugging your arm happy.

"Oh? What did you all do?" You ask curious.

"Took a nice walk around the island is all." Aether replied. "There are some pretty places here"

"That is true" you said amused.

"How was your day?" Diluc asked.

"Oh you know had some fun with Baal is all" you said going to the diner area and took your seat as your team settled in their spots. After enjoying dinner you told everyone goodnight and retired to your room. You sat by the window and looked out enjoying the view. Checking the time you saw it wasn't too late yet so you put on another cloak ready for another night walk.

You made it back to the place where you and Xiao were and sat in the same place. You took a deep breath watching the waves. The silence was nice. It was calming and strangely reassuring. You closed your eyes to enjoy the breeze more then you felt someone hug you from behind close.

"Hello your grace. It's been too long" you heard. Looking up you saw Zhongli smile at you as he sat next to you hugging you close to him. "Did you miss me?" He asked gently "I really did miss you" he told you as he gently rested his head on yours.

You were confused. Nevermind how he got here. Why was he?

"Why are you here?" You asked "your not one to travel here."

"That may be true however your grace." He replied while picking up your hand admiring the ring you still had on "I will always follow you wherever you may be. After all what kind of a favorite am I if I can't keep you company." He smiled at you.  "What's more I'm glad I came. Otherwise I couldn't have witnessed the most amazing performance"

"... Performance?" You asked.

"Yes when you were out of the fields. I happened to come across you exercising your powers. And I must say it was a very good show of your abilities your grace." He said with a smile. He was happy full of pride his beloved spouse to be was strong. "You drew in an audience. Your teammates where very into the show.." he said in a dark tone when he was reminded of his new competition. He already handled 8. Four more is nothing to him. 

You. On the other hand.. Was very red. Embarrassed really and angry. You zoned out after hearing Zhongli say your teammates were there. Because of they you didn't notice the hostile time he had. Or that murderous glint in his eye. You told your team you wished to be alone. You told them you were going to be with Baal so you didn't want anyone else.  But they followed you? Do they not have confidence in you being alone? Yes you had a history but that doesn't mean they have to be shadows and follow you everywhere.

You looked down. "What wrong my grace?" Zhongli said gently as you suddenly hugged him. Zhongli sensed you were upset and on instinct hugged you close. "It is ok your grace. You don't need them anymore. After all. I'm here" he said lowly.

Morning came and you were still in bed. You pretty bummed out finding out your teammates didn't listen to the one thing you asked of them. Hearing a knock on your door you heard Venti gently saying it's time to wake up. You didn't reply you didn't want to see them.

More knocking. You heard Venti tone more insistent. Of course you didn't reply as you hear the door knob jiggle. No Venti. You locked the door. Hearing fast footsteps leave your door you stretched then reposition yourself on the bed. Closing your eyes attempting to sleep more.

Your eyes shot wide open when you heard multiple footsteps rush over and your poor door was bashed open. Well.. cut open by Diluc claymore more like it. You jumped startled sitting up you saw your team rush over to you. Aether and Xiao making sure your ok while Diluc and Venti looked around the room to see there anything suspicious.

"Oh thank goodness your ok your grace!" Aether said hugging you relieved.

"What is the meaning of this!" You asked getting away from his hug. "How can you just break down my door like that??"

"You didn't answer me and you never lock your door" Venti said worried "I couldn't risk it what if you were in danger?"

"Well ever thought I wanted to be alone for a bit??" You said getting up. "Or would you all be watching from the distance like yesterday!" You saw the look on their faces. It's the same look you have when your caught. "I can't believe it! I just asked for one day to be alone and you all still followed me??"

"Your grace please understand-" Diluc started.

"Understand nothing!" You said walking out of your room. "I wish to be alone today understand?!"

"But your grace! Please -" Xiao said as you left them.

"Ok. Who was the one who slipped up and told her" Scaramouche said. Normally he wouldn't be annoyed when people leave him. Yet seeing you walk away from him like that. It. Hurt? He wasn't sure but he knew he didn't like that feeling.

You went to Baal and asked her to get you some clothes for the day. Which she did. You thanked her and left to town. You went to the outskirts and sat on a bench. You were starting to think maybe you over reacted. But you didn't like the fact they couldn't listen! You sighed.

You felt yourself be picked up and hugged close. "Your grace seeing you so stressed out wounds me" you heard Zhongli say as he held you close. You wiggled trying to get down.

"Put me down!" You said as he did so gently.

"Hi your grace! Remember me?" Childe said happy appearing in your line of sight.

"Pick me up!" You said jumping into Zhongli arms. He happily caught you.

"Wait wait! Your grace I'm here to do no harm!" Childe said arms up. "Honest!" You have him skeptical look. After all you knew how loyal he was to the Tsaritsa.

"Oh really? I know how you are when it comes to loyalty to you-" you were cut off.

"To you! Your grace" he said as he kneeled. "I've decided to betray the Fatui as well. I didn't want them to attack you" he closed his fists "I want nothing more than to serve you and stay by your side your grace. Please let me do that." He said.

You were hugging Zhongli as he had you sitting on his arm. You watched as Childe stayed kneeling.

"He speaks truth your grace." Zhongli spoke up. "I personally questioned him myself.

"Not just I but a good portion of the people serving me are the same way. We cleared out any agents that could be a danger" Childe said. "I wish to help you fight the Tsaritsa"

You looked down. You had to admit with this you are now well off to start your plan at last.

"Very well" you said. "I accept your pledge."