Chapter 17 Reunion

You sat there with a smile on your face as Aether was next to you hugging you having his head resting on your shoulder.

"Master Diluc? Tone deaf bard?" Paimon said "what are you two doing here?"

"Why were here escorting her grace" Venti said happily.

"Your grace" Thoma spoke up "please would you like anything to drink or eat?" He asked bowing. He was nervous someone this important is here. Yet you did not give off the same feeling as he would when he was kneeling infront of the electric archon who was close to taking his vision. Instead you gave off a welcoming feeling as if he could lower his gaurd with you and relax.

"I would like some water actually" you said "I've just come from Liyue and rather rest a bit" Thoma stood up said he would get it right away and ran off to do so.

"So you came straight over here to find Aether?" Paimon asked. You nodded happy as you pet Aether gently while he was resting hugging you. "Can Paimon ask why?"

"Hm its hard to explain.." you started. You quickly tried to think of an explanation. You clearly can't say it's all game. No. By now you know yourself this isn't a game but the reason why Aether was bonded with you was because of it. So after careful thought you said "the reason why I came looking for Aether is because.. he is my representative."

A crash was heard behind you as you all turned to see Thoma shocked the tray with your water on the floor.

"Thoma? Are you ok??" You asked worried seeing him quickly picking up. He was pale as if panicking.

"Sorry sorry!" He said picking up the broken cup.

"Be careful." You said. "It ok you guys" you told your group. Diluc was ready to attack as well Venti both ready with thier weapons at Thoma. "It's an accident you two. Nothing going to happen." They settled down. ".... You too Aether" you said amused as you noticed his hug was tighter and how he shifted the hug so you would be shielded.

"Ah sorry." Aether said loosing his hold. "I just wanted to make sure you were safe." He said before putting his head back on your shoulder like before. Thoma left quickly after cleaning up to throw away the broken cup.

"... It makes sense.." Thoma spoke to himself. It made sense why Aether was always happened to be in the right place at the right and how whenever he helped things were done. Her Grace was using him as her stand in! He smiled to himself "then that means.. her grace was always with us!" He concluded happy. "I must tell about this to my lord"

You yawned tired. Diluc was quick to pick you up. "Ah! Diluc I'm fine! Put me down" you said.

"Your tired you had a long travel and haven't rested properly let's head back so you can rest." Diluc stated his voice holding no room for argument.

"Fine but put me down!" You whined patting him as you heard a slight 'pft' "!.. your doing this on purpose aren't you!" You said as Diluc let out a small laugh putting you down.

"I'm sorry your grace" he said "it's just that your reaction is quite amusing." Diluc smiled at you.

"....who are you?" Venti asked. You and Diluc turned to see Venti Aether and Paimon close together with shocked eyes. "Master Diluc? Laughing??"

"Oh stop being dramatic." Diluc said regaining his composer. "I am human after all I too have emotions" he said and opened the door "let's go your grace it will be getting late in a bit"

"Hold on Diluc." You said as you went to Aether. "Aether. Come with me." You smiled at him as he quickly hugged you close.

"Of course" he said happy. He finally felt complete with you here. No way in hell he was going to be separated from you again.

"Um where will you be staying?" Paimon asked. You replied the Archon of the land had prepared a space for you and company. "Wait wait! The archon here doesn't like us! Will she let-"

"You just leave that to me" you said hugging Aether close. 'no one hurts my traveler' you thought.

On the other hand. Aether was loving the attention you were giving him. He was snug in your hug as he was hugging you close. Hearing you say you would handle the Archon felt great! Gave him a bit of a smug feeling. Like he was your favorite enough to defend him like this.

Of course wherever Aether went Paimon was follows. You thanked Thoma and left with your group. Along the way you talked about what happened in Liyue.

"Those bastards..." Aether muttered.

"How could they do that!" Paimon said following you. "Don't they know who you are!?"

"It's exactly that they know who she is is why they did that" Venti said.

"If it wasnt for Zhongli I would have been taken for sure" you said as Aether stopped.

"Zhongli?" He asked and looked at you with a question.

"Yes." You said nodding silently confirming you knew the secret. Aether hmed a bit then went to catch up with you.

Zhongli saw you leave his harbor. Gently rubbing the ring on his finger he smiled when he caught a glimpse of it on you. Once you out of sight he left. He recalled the talk he had with a certain Fatui.

"Give me one good reason why I should spare you right now" Zhongli said his eyes cold.

"I had nothing to do with that attack." He quickly said "I tried to stop it" he added as he got up as Zhongli glared at him "honest! I don't want to harm her grace!" He said as he got up. "I... I want to help her"

"Your willing to betray the Tsaritsa" The former Archon asked as Childe looked down..

"For her grace.." he said low ".. If it's for her grace" he looked up with determined eyes to Zhonglis cold eyes "For her Grace I'll do it." With new found confidence Childe sat in his chair. "Sit we have much to talk about this. I'll do everything to help protect her grace."

"What does that Ice Queen want with her?" Zhongli asked directly.

"...." Childe took a deep breath as his face paled "she wants her blood-" a loud smash was heard.

"Has she gone mad!!" Zhongli was livid "how dare she even think of such of an idea!"

"I also got more news!" Childe spoke up "she will be sending another Harbinger seeing I failed on it." He watched as Zhongli looked at him expecting. "His name is Scaramouche."

"Tell me everything about him." Zhongli said as Childe nodded.

"Of course" he said.

You were sinking into the comfort of the bed they gave you. It was heaven with pillows surrounding you.

"This is nice.." you said relaxing.

"Incoming!" Venti said as he jumped on as he settled next to you. "Aww this is comfy-" once again Diluc grabbed him away.

"You really have no shame" he said as the anemo archon wiggled trying to get free.

"Paimon never felt such a soft pillow!" The girl said happy laying on the bed with you hugging said pillow.

"Hey how come you let her lay with her grace and not me!?" Venti whined.

".... She's a child. You are a grown adult male" Diluc said bluntly.

Aether was amused watching the whole scene. He wanted to share rooms with you but knew better. Besides he knew here you would be safe. He was surprised to hear Xiao was with and looked happy you were able to help him so he was not surprised when he heard he pledged to you. In fact he laughed when you told him how you too had to fight the urged of saying Morax is Zhongli. He smiled to himself. In his mind you two were meant to be one. However he wasn't blind. He can see there were many others who also wanted to be with you and that made him angry.