The Siblings Who Lived

(It is nighttime in Surrey, we see an owl on the street sign "PRIVET DRIVE" and the camera pans to the street with very identical looking brown brick houses. The owl flies away and an elderly man with crimson robes and a long silvery white beard named Albus Dumbledore walks out of a forest near the street, past a tabby cat standing next to what looks like a shed. He takes out his Deluminator and activates it. Dumbledore zaps all the light out of the lampposts. He puts away the device and a cat meows. Dumbledore looks down at the cat.)

"It's Dumbledore!" Someone in the crowd shouts.

"Shut up!"

"I want one of those things," James and Sirius say.

Hugo takes the Deluminator out of his pocket. "Sorry boys, it's mine."

"How?"

"Dad gave it to me."

"How?"

"Seventh movie, now just shut up."

Dumbledore: I should have known that you would be here... Professor McGonagall.

The same person in the crowd shouts in disbelief. "He's lost his marbles!"

"SHUT UP!"

(The cat silently looks at him, and the camera turns towards a wall. The cat's shadow turns into a woman with a tall hat. There are footsteps and Minerva McGonagall is revealed.)

"WHAT IN THE WORLD?!"

"FOR THE LOVE OF MERLIN, SHUT UP, OR I WILL PERSONALLY SET AN ACROMANTULA ON YOU!"

The kid finally shuts up.

McGonagall: Good evening, Professor Dumbledore. Are the rumours true, Albus?

Dumbledore: I'm afraid so. The good and the bad.

McGonagall: And the Potters?

Dumbledore: Hagrid is bringing them.

McGonagall: Do you think it wise to trust Hagrid with something as important as this?

Dumbledore: Ah, Professor, I would trust Hagrid with my life

(There is a motor sound, and the two professors look up to see a flying motorcycle coming down from the air. It skids on the street and halts. Rubeus Hagrid takes off his goggles.)

Snuffles barks happily at the sight of the motorcycle. Harry and Emma pat him.

Hagrid: Professor Dumbldore, sir. Professor McGonagall.

Dumbledore: No problems, I trust, Hagrid?

Hagrid: No, sir. Little tykes fell asleep just as we were flying over Bristol. Heh. Try not to wake them. There you go.

(Hagrid hands a baby wrapped in a bundle to Dumbledore and a newborn to McGonagall. The two expect the sleeping children in their arms.)

McGonagall: (Sobbing after examining the newborn in her arms.) Albus, we can't leave them here.

"Why didn't you listen to her?!" Harry demands. "If you don't believe her, then keep watching!"

Dumbledore: (Smiling at baby Harry) Minerva, this is what's best for them.

(They stop at a house that is four Privet Drive.)

McGonagall: They'll be famous. There won't be a child in our world who doesn't know their names.

Dumbledore: Exactly. They're better off growing up away from all of that... Until they're ready.

(Dumbledore places the twins on the ground slowly. Hagrid sniffles, he is sobbing a little. He clears his throat.)

Dumbledore: (Reassuringly) There, there, Hagrid. It's not really goodbye, after all.

(Hagrid nods a little. Dumbledore takes out a letter and places it next to the babies, who are now at the footstep of the door., before Disapparating with a small pop.)

McGonagall: (Taking one last look at the infants) Good luck Harry and Emma Potter...

(The babies both have a lightning-bolt shaped scar on their foreheads. The camera slowly zooms towards the scar which glows brightly and it immediately flashes, transitioning to a stormy cloud sky. The film's title in metallic gold zooms out around the camera: The Potters and the Philosopher's Stone, and lightning flashes to brighten it up. Then, the lightning flashes engulf the screen, transitioning it to the present time.)

Lily and James frown. "Why aren't living with us?"

The Hall tries to ignore their comment, guilt gnawing on their insides.