Introducing the Spirits

(It is morning at Hogwarts, Harry and Ron are running in the corridors, because they are late for Transfiguration class. In the class, a tabby cat is sitting on a desk. Harry and Ron rush in; Hermione rolls her eyes in annoyance because they're late for class.)

Ron: Whew, we made it. Can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late?

(The cat suddenly jumps off the desk and transforms into Professor McGonagall. The two boys are amazed.)

Ron: That was bloody brilliant.

McGonagall: Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocketwatch, that way one of you might be on time.

Harry: We were lost.

McGonagall: Then perhaps a map? I trust you do not need one to find your seats.

Harry: (Still standing) Do you know who my sister is, Professor?

McGonagall: She is okay.

(Later on, inside Snape's potions classroom, the students are chattering, sitting near steaming cauldrons. The door slams open and Snape comes rushing in.)

Snape: There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few... (looks at Draco, who smiles) who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper... (Draco looks on) in death. (Draco raises his eyebrows. Snape sees Harry, writing what Snape said in his lecture down, in, his view, not paying attention.) Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confidant enough to not...pay...attention. (Hermione nudges Harry, finally making him look up to the Professor. Snape then walks to where he can speak to Harry more properly.) Mr. Potter. Our...new...celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood? (Hermione raises her hand. Harry shrugs.) You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?

"Severus!" Lily cries. "We didn't learn that till Sixth year!"

(Just before Harry answers, someone knocks on the door, and it opens to reveal a nervous looking fifth year Ravenclaw.)

Ravenclaw: Sorry, sir, but Professor Dumbledore wanted Draco Malfoy in the fifth corridor.

(The scene fades to show a dubious looking Emma and Draco watching Dumbledore pace.)

Dumbledore: You may or not have noticed it, but you are not normal.

Emma: (As she and Draco exchange strange looks) Are you sure you have the right people, Sir? 'Cause Draco and I look pretty normal.

Dumbledore: (Raises an eyebrow) Oh, I can assure you that I have the right children, Ms Potter. I know for sure that you are a spirit.

Draco: A spirit? But what about me?

Dumbledore: (Smiles.) Yes, Mr Malfoy, you are a spirit too.

Emma: (Rubs her forehead.) Okay, I'm officially lost.

Draco: Me too.

Dumbledore: Let's cut to the facts.

"Wow, Dumbledore, that's so... unlike you."

Dumbledore: (Begins pacing again) You two are the spiritual protectors of Hogwarts. You both represent two element: Fire and Ice. You, Ms Potter, are the spirit of fire, and you, Mr Malfoy, are the spirit of ice. You both have necklaces of this element, only you have had no idea what they were for untill now.