The Hut on the Rock

[That stormy night, a tall house, on a rock island somewhere out at sea. The Dursleys, including Harry and Emma have moved there, due to the chaos with the letters. The family is sleeping, with Harry and Emma on the cold, dirt floor and Dudley sleeping on a sofa. Harry and Emma have drawn a birthday cake which reads, Happy Birthday Harry. Harry looks at Dudley's watch, which beeps 12:00.]

Emma: Make a wish, Harry.

(Harry blows out the 'candles' on the cake.)

Everyone tears up at the sight of the two doing that to celebrate their birthdays and their friends vow to themselves to throw the biggest birthday party in the universe on their next brithday.

(There is a sudden and loud boom. Harry stumbles up and hides Emma in a hidden crevice before blocking her with his body. Dudley jerks awake.)

Dudley: (Stupidly) Where's the cannon?

The Hall laughs at Dudley's stupid comment.

Vernon: (Coming down from the stairs, holding a rifle) Who's there? I'm warning you - I'm armed!

(The door bangs again and it falls on its hinges to reveal Hagrid.)

"HAGRID! WHOO! YOU GOT STYLE!"

Hagrid: Sorry 'bout that. (Pushes the door back in its place.)

"And... you lost me."

Vernon: I demand you leave at once, sir! You are breaking and entering!

Hagrid: (Striding over and bending the rifle.) Dry up, Dursley, you great prune. (Noticing Dudley) Blimey, Harry, haven't seen yeh since yeh were a baby, but yer a bit more rounder than I woulda expected. Where's yer sister?

Dudley: (Stammering) I-I'm not Harry.

Harry: (Revealing himself.) I am.

Hagrid: O' course yeh are. Now where's yer sister?

(Harry motions to Emma that it's safe to come out, and Emma walks out, trembling from head to toe.) 

Emma: (Terrified) H-hi.

Hagrid: Anyway - Harry. Got summat in here fer yeh, 'fraid I mighta sat on it at some point, but it'll taste just the same. (Takes a white box out of his caot pocket.) Baked it meself, words and all.

(Harry opens the box to reveal a chocolate cake with the words: Happee Birdae Harry writtien in green icing.)

Harry: Who are you?

"You should've used manners, little prongslet," James says.

"I meant to, but that just slipped out instead."

Hagrid: (Chuckling) True, I haven't introduced meself. Rubeus Hagrid, Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts. (Shakes Harry's whole arm.) How 'bout some tea, then? I wouldn't say no if you've got summat stronger, mind.

All the adults sigh, "Hagrid."

Hagrid blushes a little. 

Harry: Sorry, I still don't understand who you are.

Emma: Neither do I. No offecene intended. 

Hagrid: (Chuckling) None taken. Call me Hagrid. Everyone does. An' like I told yeh, I'm Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts. Yeh'll know all 'bout Hogwarts o' course.

Harry and Emma: (Simultaneously) Er - no.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"James, haven't you been paying attention to the movie? If they would've known, we would've known by now."