Rebelling

(Emma is shown in another compartment with Hermione.)

Hermione: Emma, are you alright.

Emma: (Not answering) Stupid Ron.

Hermione: What did he say this time?

"OI!"

Emma: He teased me for thinking it's a good thing to make friends.

Hermione: (Resonably) He just doesn't know how much it means to you.

(Just then, the food trolley comes up with the lady pushing it.)

Lady: Anything from the trolley dears?

Emma: (Bounds out of the compartment and comes back with an armful of food.) I didn't know what to get, so I got a but of everything. 

Hermione: You didn't have to get so much!

Emma: (shrugs) When you're living with the Dursleys, the first time you're without them with food... you just get out of control. I also think that's what a Potter does.

"So true, my little Em baby."

Emma scowls at her dad's comment.

Hermione: Emma, you know I can-

Emma: Hermione, I know that you can't eat lollies 'cos your parents are dentists, but sometimes, you've gotta rebel. 

Hermione: I-

Emma: (Sternly) I'm not hearing any of this. You have to rebel, otherwise... I'll do something bad to you.

Hermione: Fine. I'll rebel.

Emma: (Throwing lollies up in the air and jumping from seat to seat.) Whoo-hoo! SHE'S GONNA REBEL!! GO HERMIONE!!!

"You sure got that from your father," Remus tells her severely.

"Hey!" James shouts.

Percy: (Opening the door to find the mess) Uh - Emma, I just got a letter saying that I'm to take you to Hogwarts.

Emma: (Sarcastically) Thanks for that valid information.

(Percy blushes, embarassed, and steps out of the compartment, sliding the door shut.)

(Time-skip to the train stopping at Hogsmeade Station)

Emma: See you, Hermy, gotta go find that Weasley kid.

"Weasley kid?!" Percy huffs indignantly

Hermione: See you soon!

(Emma walks off in a direction where she see's Percy's waving.)

Emma: Hey... I don't think I got your name.

Percy: It's... Percy. I-I'm Percy.

"Gee, Em, You had a lot of boys fawning over you," Harry comments.

Percy blushes but Emma just said, "Had?"

"Well, you still do."

The boys who have secret crushes on Emma look down shamefully, seeing that it was Draco who got her in the end.

Emma: Nice to meet you, Percy.

(Percy smiles slightly before a carriage pulls up, showing two scaly, horse-like creatures with wings drawing them.)

"No..."

Emma: (In a hushed tone.) What are they?

Percy: What are what?

(Emma points to one of the creatures. Realisation dawns on Percy's face.)

Percy: We'll talk about on the carriage. (Pulls her up)

Emma: So? What are they?

Percy: They're -they're Thestrals.

"NO! HOW COULD YOU SEE THESTRALS WHEN YOU WERE ONLY TEN YEARS OLD?!"

Emma looked down at her lap, trying to keep her tears at bay.

Emma: And? How come I can see them, and you can't?

Percy: You can only see a Thestral... if you've seen death.

Emma: Oh. I can clearly remember the night my mother died. 

(Flashback on the night at Godric's hollow, consisting off a cloaked man walking towards a house, breaking in with his wand, and proceeding to terrorize. A woman is seen, Lily, begging for Harry and Emma's lives before a green light is shown and the woman, screaming, falls limp to the floor.)

A small whimper is heard in the Hall. Lily turns to Emma. "You - you remembered that?"

Emma nodded her head, huggin her long-lost mother, sobbing. Her muffled sobs echoed off the silent walls of the hall. 

Percy: (Trying to change the subject) I like your necklace.

Emma: Huh? What - oh, thanks. (Looks down at a necklace that has a wolf attatched to it.) 

Lily perks up. "You still have it?"

"Yeah."

(The carriage suddenly pulls to a stop and Percy helps Emma down.) 

Percy: McGonagall will be with the first years for the moment, so just go to the teacher's table when we get to the Great Hall. 

Emma: Okay.

(Percy and Emma make their way towards Hogwarts, a magestic castle standing before them. Emma looks at it in awe. Percy catches her look.)

Percy: Beautiful, isn't she?

Emma: (quietly) Yeah.

(The two finally step inside the castle and Percy leads Emma to a magnicent room filled with students. Emma takes a step back... and faints.)