The Ceberus

(The three are walking up a staircase in the Grand Staircase tower. A railing pulls in, Hermione looks, but continues walking.)

Ron: I'm telling you, it's spooky. She knows more about you than you do.

Harry: Who doesn't?

"True that, Harry, very true."

"That's why I said it."

(The staircase shudders and begins to move. The three grab the railings.)

Ron: Ahh!

(Hermione gasps.)

Harry: What's happening?

Hermione: The staircases change, remember?

(The staircase stops, leading to a corridor.)

Harry: (taps Ron) Let's go this way.

Ron: Before the staircase moves again.

(They all open a door and walk into a spooky, dark and deserted corridor.)

Harry: Does anyone feel like...we shouldn't be here?

Hermione: We're not supposed to be here. This is the 3rd floor. It's forbidden.

(Suddenly, a flame lights on a tall stone support. At that moment, Filch's cat, Mrs. Norris, comes running in and meows. The group jumps.)

Harry: Let's go.

(Mrs. Norris meows.)

Ron: It's Filch's cat!

Harry: Run!

(The trio run through the corridor, flames are lit up on the stone supports, one by one, as they run past. They get to the end of the corridor, to a door.)

"The oh-so-great Golden Trio, running from a cat," Peccatum says with a sneers. 

Everyone ignores him.

Harry: Quick! Let's hide through that door!

(Harry grabs the handle, but its locked.)

Harry: It's locked!

Ron: That's it! We're done for!

Hermione: Oh, move over! (pushes through and pulls out her wand, aiming it at the lock) Alohomora! (The door's lock lifts up magically and it opens.) Get in. (They bustle through the door.)

Ron: Alohomora?

Hermione: Standard book of spells, chapter 7.

"Bookworm," Ron mutters. Hermione hits him square in the head. 

(Filch arrives at the start of the corridor with a light. Mrs. Norris looks at him.)

Filch: Anyone here, my sweet? (Mrs. Norris meows.) Come on. (They leave the corridor.)

Hermione: (Listening at the door) Filch is gone. 

Ron: Probably thinks this door is locked. 

Hermione: It was locked. 

Harry: And for a good reason. 

(Hermione and Ron turn to stand with him. There is a massively huge three headed dog sleeping in front of them. The dog begins to wake. It growls, yawns, and growls more...noticing the intruders.)

Hermione, Harry and Ron: AHHHH! (The three bolt, running out of the room. They turn quickly to shut the door and battle against the three heads of the snapping dog. They get the door shut and run.)

"Dumbledore," Lily says, turning to the Headmaster and speaking in a deadly quiet voice. "Why was there a Ceberus in the school?"

"WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKING?!" James blasts. 

No one answers. 

(They return to the Gryffindor Common Room. They are breathless.)

Ron: What are they thinking, keeping a dog like that locked up in a school? If any dog needs exercise, that one does!

Hermione: You don't use your eyes, do you?! Didn't you see what it was standing on?

Ron: I wasn't looking at its feet! I was a bit preoccupied with its heads! Or maybe you didn't notice - there were three!

"We're quite aware of that, Ronnikins," Fred and George say at the same time. James snickers, wanting to get to know the twins more. 

Hermione: It was standing on a trapdoor, which means it wasn't there on accident. It's guarding something.

Ron: Guarding something?

Hermione: That's right. Now, if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed, before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed - or worse, expelled! (She turns and leaves, slamming the door to her dormitory shut)

Ron: She needs to sort out her priorities!

(Harry nods his head in agreement.)

"Wow," Ginny comments. "You guys didn't like each other at all back then!"

"I'm surprised you're getting married in the future!" Emma tells them. 

Ron and Hermione look everywhere except each other, blushing. 

Author's Note:

I'm so so so so so so sorry about that suuuper late update. We've got the final exams of the year coming up soon and I really should be studying hard for them. I'll try to get you a new update as soon as I can. 

Until then, Mischief Managed!