The Unexpected

7 YEARS AND 11 MONTHS HAVE PASSED SINCE GOTEN BEGAN HIS INTENSE TRAINING, HE WILL SOON RETURN TO EARTH TO AVENGE HIS OWN DEATH, BUT HOW WILL HE AVENGE HIMSELF?

"Alright Goten, let's see how far you've gotten over the years." Kai was floating in the very warm air sweating his back off. Goten remained calm and calm as he was floating in the air as well, taking long breaths and simply just staying focused, Goten of couse seemed fresh as can be. The 2 were in the training region of hell, with 330 tons of gravity on their backs and extreme heat below them. "Alright, King Kai I think I'm ready for the challenge, fighting here would be awesome!" Goten was excited as ever to get stronger and battle. "Not here Goten, you're actually the only one that can handle this type of gravity. All the other trainees are...well...are still trainees. Heheh." Kai joked a little while knowing Goten wasn't pleased. "What! You said there were around 500 guys before me that went through this training!" Goten exclaimed. "Well there were 500, and 499 of them died and never came back. There was really one person that survived and moved on to other training." Kai was looking at Goten in a humorous way to calm him down. "Oh yeah, who? Who's this so called survivor? Who is this person and where can I meet him!!" Goten demanded answers. "Take it easy it was actually your dad." Kai looked at Goten with a smirk. "Well, I guess there's no choice then." Goten had a determined look. "What would that be?" Kai asked, hoping that Goten would continue training with him for a few more years. "I'll go back to earth and I'll enter the world tournament!" Goten left a shock on Kai's face, breaking his hopes but he didn't feel so bad, their deal was almost over. "Okay Goten, if you wanna go back then you have to be clear with me...do you want to be revived?" Kai asked. "Yeah, it's time I see my mom and brother again." Goten seemed so happy just thinking about meeting his family again. "Okay, I'll ask Gohan to summon shenron and wish you back, but until then...how about few more sparring sessions?" Kai asked happily. "You bet! This time I'll beat under 3 minutes." Goten exclaimed. "Okay, keep dreaming kid, you're still not that good." Kai laughed it off, but he knew Goten was way stronger then he was.

AFTER A FEW HOURS OF SPARRING, THE VOICE OF GOHAN FILLED THE MIND OF KAI AND GOTEN

"Hey there, hello? King Kai can you hear me?" Gohan asked. "Loud and clear bro." Goten cut off king Kai. "Wow, Goten your voice has changed a lot." Gohan said. "I know, listen bro do you thi-" Goten was cut of by King Kai.
"Gohan it's time your brother get sent back to Earth, revive him for me." Kai explained. "Really?!? Well then, give me some time to gather the dragon balls from Bulma. Goten you might make it in time for the world tournament." Gohan said. "I know! That was the plan, I can't wait to see how strong I've gotten and finally go against Trunks. Has he been training too?" Goten asked. "I honestly don't know, last time I saw him he was 10 years old, considering that Vegeta's his dad I bet he's gotten way stronger than before!" Gohan exclaimed. "Oh yeah? Wait till you see me. Say... have you been training?" Goten asked. "Heheh, don't worry about me little bro, Alright I'll see soon." Gohan seemed eager to end the conversation.

A FEW HOURS PAST AND GOHAN SUMMONED GOTEN BACK WITH THE DRAGON BALLS

"Well king Kai, it's time to go. Till next time master." Goten bowed one last time, and as he glimmered away King Kai smiled. "He really is just like his dad." Kai thought to himself. Goten glimmered in front of the world tournament entrance where he was surrounded by friends and family. Everyone was shocked to see just how big he got, for a 16 year old he's was pretty tall. Almost tall as his brother, by an inch. His mom and grandpa quickly jumped to hug him and Gohan was in the back smiling. "It's been so long son." Tears went down Chi Chi's and her fathers face, Goten hugged back trying not to cry. In the back of crowd near the trees and bushes stood Vegeta and Trunks. Vegeta stood their with no emotions while Trunks seemed paralyzed to see Goten again. Maybe it was a sense of remorse for killing him.

JUST THEN A FLASHING LIGHT BLINDED THE Z FIGHTERS

"Thanks again Baba. I'll see you in 24 hours." The voice seemed so familiar, it brought a feeling of security. IT WAS GOKU! The Z fighters were shocked to see him. "Goku? Wha- what are you doing here?" Krillin stuttered to speak to him. "Hi guys! Hey Krillin, I'm here to fight in the tournament silly." Goku smiled, just then chichi ran over to him and hugged him tighter than Goten. "Oh Goku, where have you been..." Crying even more, Goku hugged back and then let go to see the rest of his friends. Vegeta stood there with a shock on his face. Goku then noticed someone. "Hey chichi you brought a mirror? I think I see myself." Goku said jokingly. "Dad... Dad!" Goten was shocked to see his father for the first time. He hugged him and a waterfall of tears dropped from his eyes. "Hey buddy, I heard you were training in other world." Goku said. "Dad, this was so unexpected, I thought I was never gonna meet you, not until I actually died, but even when I died I didn't meet you, whatever that's not the point. Why are you here all of a sudden?" Goten babbled. "Like I said, I came here to support my son in his fight and I also came here to fight someone important." Goku explained. "Who!? Is he evil, does he know you? Who!?" Goten was too eager to speak. "Don't worry, he's not evil, let's go inside for now and sign up." Goku and the Warriors went off into the building to sign up. "Jeez, two Goku's...it's gonna be long day." Gohan sighed humorously.