39.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟗- 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

♡~Estella pov~♡

It has been two months since the ceremony, and we had been preparing for the next expedition to seal Shiganshina from titans. We'll be going out in the next two weeks

Many soldiers, including father, will die during the retaking of Shiganshina... I promised myself that I would save my father no matter what. But what if I'm unable to save him? What if my plan fails?

"Ow!"I gave out a yelp as I accidentally cut my own finger, Levi rushed towards me to see what happened. "Stella! What happened?! I heard you yell! Are you okay?! Your finger is bleeding! I'll take care of your wounds." He panicked, pushed me into the chair, and went to the cabinet to get the medic kit

"Give me your hand." He demanded. I gave my hand,

As Levi dabbed at the wound soaked in rubbing alcohol, my finger starts to burn. His touch caused a slight flinch on my wounds because it didn't feel good. "Just bare it." He simply said . Then, he bandages my finger with surgical tape.

"Tch,Why are you so reckless?" He scolded me.

"I'm sorry..." I apologise at him.

He let out a sigh. "Haah...Just be careful next time."

"Let me prepare our dinner."

"But-"

"No buts, you're injured just sit here."

"...okay"

\\♡\\

My breathing had noticeably worsened. Each breath costing all my strength. I was suffocating. The air filled in my lungs, but my body demands more.

I woke up with a start , panting like never before, this time the nightmare horrible. My whole body ached, my heart pounding in my chest and my throat was burning with every breath that I took.

Tears flowed unabashedly down my cheeks, soaking the comforter I was clutching fervently. As I burst into tears, I felt Levi's strong arms around my shoulder in a reasureing way as he laid on his head on my shoulder. He didn't speak at least.

"Do you wanna go back to sleep...or shall I make a cup of tea? I wasn't a stranger to nightmares... I have them often after all about scattered memories of the past. But when I heard Levi- the love of my life ask me so gently if I want of the only things that can help me slowly calm down... I even now starts to feel at ease. "Yes, please... a cup of tea sounded good. Thank you...honey.

"No problem, little bunny." He gets up from bed making me a tea. A few minutes later, he came with a tray with a cup of tea.

"Thanks."

I drink slowly the hot tea. "I'm sorry waking you up... I have nightmares all my life. It kept haunting me and they been bad recently..."

"No, it's nothing to apologise. It's not that you wanted that nightmares right?"

I pause a moment. "Yeah..."

"Um...Levi."

"Yes?"

"Can we... stay at the headquarters tommorow?"