Part 17

It's been five years since I was taken by Count Dooku. In those five years, I have learned everything about his way of fighting. I just need another Jedi to make sure that when I attack, it's successful. "Bounty Hunter Jango Fett will be attacking the senator by the end of the night. She will be dead as long as those Jedi don't get in the way." Dooku states as I stand behind him. 

My hair is pulled back into a french braid, my clothes are skin tight, my long sleeved shirt containing a v-neck that shows a little more than I'd like. My black boots go up to my knees as they repel the sand around me. 

Looking around I sense the group is planning on making an attack soon. "We will lure them out and then attack. They will never see it coming." Dooku states and in that second, my heart drops. "Time to let the fun begin." Dooku grins.

Over the past five years, I have become almost mute. I rarely speak and do as he tells me only to keep myself alive. I was tortured once a month as Dooku's form of keeping me in line. "Lara, how do you feel about this plan?" Dooku asks motioning me over. "Have the prisoners chained to the poles and then releasing the animal?" Dooku asks. "Why not give them each their own animal? Each would get their meal, you would save some money on their food." I state with a shrug. "Delightful. We have a fifth at the moment who will be tortured here and then left to the animals once they finish their other victims." Dooku grins. "I'm sure it will make a splendid show." I reply before moving back to my corner.

The group continues to go over their mission until finally they release me to go to my chambers. Once I reach the chambers, I sit on my bed and reach for my green lightsaber that I've kept hidden. Masters, please don't give up on me. I'm alive still. I'm still alive. I call through the force hoping one might hear me. 

-----------------------------------

"Did you hear that?" Master Ki-Adi Mundi questioned looking around. 

"Yea, it sounded like Lara?" Master Gallia states confused. 

"Is she on Coruscant?" Master Plo Koon asks looking to the other Masters. 

"On Coruscant, she is not. Seeking help, she is." Master Yoda sighs shaking his head. 

"So she still hasn't fully turned to the dark side?" Master Piell questions while thinking to himself. 

"Not yet. She might if we don't find her soon." Master Windu sighs confused.

-----------------------------

"Jango Fett, we are pleased to see you and your son here." Dooku greets as I stand behind Dooku. "Thank you, we had a run in with a Jedi, but he shouldn't be a problem anymore." Jango states proudly.

As we begin. to make our way to the conference room, I notice a familiar presence. "Master, may I be excused?" I ask respectfully in hopes he will agree. "What do you need?" he asks irritated. "I need to use the restroom." I state praying he will believe me. "Go on, then." he grumbles before turning to walk away. 

Once out of sight, I go into the rafters and find the one person I thought I'd never see again. "Obi?" I ask hopeful. "Lara?" he whispers confused. "What are you doing here?" I ask nervous for his safety. "I could ask you the same." he states putting his guard up. "I've been trapped here for the last five years." I reply sadly. "You need to get out of here, Obi." I state urging him to take my advice. 

He looks me up and down before shaking his head. "You've changed. You're with them?" he accuses. "Obi-wan, if I was with them, I wouldn't be helping you now." I state pleading with him to believe me. "They are planning something, go further down and you can hear everything. I need to return before he suspects me." I sigh moving to leave. "I can't believe you'd be the one to fall to the dark side. Goodbye old friend." He states before moving away from my sight.

Holding back the tears I make my way to the conference room where I stand in my usual corner. "Lara, you took too long." Dooku snaps before electrocuting me as I fall the the ground in spasms. "Know your place next time." he orders before returning to his plans.

---------------------

Not long after the conference is over, I am told to watch over Boba Fett for a bit. "What's it like being a Sith Lord?" Boba asks curiously. "Very lonely." I answer looking at the small child. "But it's empowering right?" he asks excitedly. "In some ways." I reply. 

We continue towards the Arena where the preparations had begun. "This was your creation?" Boba asks in awe. "Yes, it is." I state with a heavy heart. "You seem sad?" Boba observes. 

"I miss an old friend of mine. He doesn't believe in the same things." I state playing the part of Sith Lord. "Oh, you love him?" Boba asks.

Thinking about what the boy asked. Do I love Obi-wan? "I do. We used to be under the same Master. We trained together a lot." I reply smiling at the memories.  

"Go back to him. He will accept you for you." Boba states. "I'm afraid I cannot. I've done far too many bad things to ever be welcomed back into the Jedi order." I state sadly. "Oh, I'm sorry." the young child sighs. 

"Let's get back to your father and the Count." I state, leading the boy away from the Arena's balcony.

"Ah, Lara, we have captured an old friend of yours." Dooku states. "I'm sorry?" I state confused.

"Boba, go with your father for a bit." Dooku sighs before leading me into a holding cell.

"Obi." I gasp horrified at his capture. "Oh, don't tell me you're surprised?" Obi-wan snaps at me. "Master Kenobi, you could always join us." Count Dooku offers as I watch horrified. "I will never join you." Obi-wan snaps back. 

The two exchange several words before the Count sighs and begins to leave. "Master, could I speak with him for a moment? Alone?" I ask nervously. "Make it quick." he sighs shaking his head. 

Once I can no longer sense count Dooku, I move to find a way to release Obi-wan. "What are you doing?" he asks confused. "You always said I had a plan. Now, you're part of it. If I can figure out how to get you out, we can escape easily. They won't suspect me moving towards the ships with a prisoner." I state.

"So you could've escaped this entire time?' Obi-wan exclaims. "No. He has always kept a close eye on me. But perhaps with the help of another Jedi, we can make it out of here." I state hopeful. 

Once I find the button to release him, he falls to the ground. "How can I trust you?" Obi-wan asks. "Because, if I were on the dark side, I wouldn't have let you go." I state moving away from the door. 

Obi-wan looks at me cautiously. "Go, through the rafters, your ship is where you left it." I state moving back. "Come with me. If you are truly still with the Jedi, please come with me." Obi-wan pleads. "I can't. They will know you're missing soon and I will be the one they come after." I state pleading for him to go. 

Obi-wan marches over to my place against the wall. "Please, come with me." he begs. "I can't." I respond letting a tear slip down my cheek. "I love you." I whisper placing a gentle kiss against his lips sensing Count Dooku was coming closer. 

"Ah, so you have been lying to me Lara?" Dooku snaps forcing Obi-wan back into the force cell. "let her go, Dooku." Obi-wan growls at the older man. "No, she wants to be traitor, she will get the punishment of a traitor. Not to mention, your friends, the Padawan and the Senator are here as well." Count chuckles as he grabs me by my hair.

I'm forced to the ground where the force shackles are placed around my wrists. "Take her to the arena. Bring the Jedi and the Senator as well." Count Dooku grins before leaving me to the Guards.