Part 19

I awaken to the bright lights around the ship as I'm laying on my stomach. "She needs the rest. We can question her later. If she was truly on the darkside she would have a red lightsaber and she wouldn't have tried to help me." A voice that can only be from Obi-wan pleads.

It's quiet for a moment before another voice sounds. "She's already waking up. We need whatever information we can get."

"No, he's right. She needs rest, once she is healed, she will be of more value. We can get more information and hopefully she will come back to the Jedi order. Let her heal, I'm sure there has been more torture and suffering that she has delt with." Another voice sighs.

"T-they're going- to attack..." I slowly whisper. "Lara, rest." Obi-wan sighs placing a hand on my shoulder. "I... I never t-turned to the.... To the darkside." I whisper trying to catch my breath. "It's okay. Rest. We are arriving in Coruscant where you can get medical attention and we will discuss everything once you're healed." Master Gallia says softly.

Soon everything goes black once again.

———————————-

"She's awake. Give her some time, her memory may be a little foggy." The nurse droid states before exiting in the room leaving the council before me.

"Lara, it's good to see you awake." Master Yoda smiles. "Thank you, I'm glad to be home in Coruscant." I reply quietly.

"How long were you with Count Dooku?" Master Windu asks immediately getting to the dark and twisty things.

"I-I was forced to go with him five years ago, I think." I answer trying to force my memory back. "And you didn't have a chance to escape?" Master Plo questions this time.

"He always kept a close eye on me. Someone was always watching." I answer tiredly. "If I did anything out of the ordinary, he'd question me and if I didn't answer-" I stop and shudder thinking of all the horrifying ways I was punished.

"What would he do?" Master Gallia asks concerned. "He'd make sure that I knew my place. It changed, sometimes he electrocuted me, sometimes it was no food, and other times he'd- he would have someone- beat me." I reply shaking at the fear of those things happening again.

"I'm so sorry." Master Gallia sighs placing a hand on mine. "I faked being his apprentice so he wouldn't kill me." I sigh. "Did you feel yourself turning to the dark side?" Master Windu asks cautiously. "No. Every day I tried to call out to the council with the force." I sigh.

The group look to one another. "We heard you. We heard you every day." Master Gallia states squeezing my hand reassuringly.

The council members nod to one another before Master Windu turns back to me. "Lara, would you like to join the Jedi Order once again?" He asks carefully. "Yes, I'd be honored to." I reply.

"Well you've been here for about two weeks. It might do you some good to get out for a bit. Master Yoda and Master Kenobi will be taking you to the cave of crystals. You are to create a new lightsaber to ensure you're no longer with the Sith." Master Piell states as I nod my head.

"Can I take a shower and change clothes first?" I ask nervously. "Of course. I will bring you a change of clothes. The shower is through that door." Master Gallia states before ushering all the council members out of the room.

I move slowly to the bathroom as I'm still weak from the events that transpired only a few days ago. Before I can reach the door to the bathroom, my feet collapse under me and I lay on the floor in pain. "Help." I whimper hoping someone would come in soon.

What seems like ages pass before I hear Master Gallia and Obi-wan nearing the door talking. "She can't handle that right now. I mean we just got her back, we can't send her to him." Obi-wan pleads. "Whe- Lara!" he exclaims as the two rush over to my position on the floor. "I'll get the doctor." Master Gallia rushes out. 

"Please be okay." Obi-wan whispers placing a soft kiss to my forehead. "She's over here." Master Gallia states as several doctors rush in. "Get her to the Bacta tanks. She needs to be in there for a bit." the doctor urges as Obi-wan lifts me in his arms. 

It takes everything in me not to cry out in pain as his arm brushes the delicate skin of my back. "Sedate her so we can intubate and get her in there." The doctor calls out. A small pinch attacks my arm and everything goes black once more. The last thing I hear is Obi-wan's voice. "Please don't leave me." 

---------------

"We came as soon as we got your message. What happened?" Master Windu questions as Obi-wan and Master Gallia watch her body float in the Bacta Tank. "We aren't sure. The doctors think there may have been something else preventing her from completely healing." Master Gallia states. 

"Masters, she appears to be pregnant. She is only four weeks in, so she may not know herself." the doctor states looking at the group. 

"How is that possible? She's been held captive by-" Master Windu cuts himself off as he realizes who's child the young jedi is carrying. "There is a very high suspicion that she may have been raped several times over the past few months, possibly even years." the doctor adds. 

"What happens to her now?" Master Gallia asks curiously. "We will monitor her closely. The baby will most likely not survive. the bacta tank. However, if we take her out, she will die as well." The doctor states. 

The group look between one another. "How could we have missed this?" Master Piell asks as he leans against the wall. 

The council stands in silence as they take in the truth of her treatment with the Sith Lord. "Obi-wan, your task is now more important than ever." Master Windu sighs shaking his head. "And increasingly more difficult." he adds running his fingers over his beard. 

Looking at the girl whom he fell in love with ten years ago, so battered and bruised. He couldn't bear the thought of her being taken from him again. "The clone wars, they've begun and she is our best chance at winning." Master Ki-Adi-Mundi sighs. "She is the key to all of this."