Part 26

"General Thorne, we need to keep moving." Commander Lux states as I look over the remains of what used to be the beautiful kingdom of Galmida.

"We failed them."

"General, there's nothing we could have done."

"We could've come sooner."

"We didn't have permission."

"Who cares about permission! We could have saved them."

Shaking my head, I turn and march to the ship. "Let's go." I grumble as my squadron follows closely. I hold my head high deciding to defeat the separatists. "Lara, we need back-up, the Chancellor has been taken. Get here as soon as you can." Obi-wan says through the commlink to which I quickly respond to.

Two Jedi star-fighters swerve in unison as several federation droid drop fighters attack. After several clever moves by the two Jedi, two of the droids collide with each other in a ball of flame.

"Nice to see you two again." I call out to Anakin and Obi-wan as I come up next to Obi-wan.

"We've got to split them up." Obi-wan calls out as I notice the two remaining droids.

"Break left, fly through the guns on that tower." I state as Obi-wan flies to the left of a huge tower on the republic cruiser.

"Easy for you to say . . . why am I always the bait?" Obi-wan asks irritated.

"Don't worry. I'm coming around behind you." Anakin says as I follow close behind.

Obi-wan deftly maneuvers around a large Starship's superstructure, but the two droids stay on his tail, blasting him with intense laser fire.

"Guys, they're all over me!" Obi-wan calls out slightly nervous.

"Dead ahead! Closing . . . lock onto him, Artoo . . ." Anakin says focused on his master as he blasts one of the droids causing it to explode.

"We got him, Artoo!" Anakin cheers while blasting away at the second droid.

"I'm going down on the deck." Obi-wan announces heading towards the surface of one of the federation battleships forcing us to fly through a maelstrom of laser blasts.

"Good idea ... I need some room to maneuver." Anakin states as I continue to follow.

"Cut right. Do you hear me?! Cut right. Don't let him get a handle on you. Come on, Artoo, lock on! Lock on!" Anakin calls out as I move to fly next to Anakin.

"Hurry up! I don't like this!" Obi-wan calls out nervously as he flies through a narrow gap between two towers of a battleship. I then watch as the droid blasts part of Obi-wan's wings. "Ouch!" Obi-wan winces.

"We're locked on ... we've got him . . ." Anakin says in his focused daze.

"Next time one of you are the bait . . . Now let's find the Command Ship and get on with it ..." Obi-wan grumbles.

"Lock onto them, Artoo. Master, General Grievous's ship is directly ahead. The one crawling with vulture droids." Anakin states informing Obi-wan and I of the plan.

"I see it. Oh, this is going to be easy." I state sarcastically as the two chuckle. "Good to have you join us Lara." Obi-wan states.

"Of course, I didn't have anything life-threatening to do anyways." I grin.

The closer we get to the ship, the more I realize how hard this will be with the vulture droids heading our way.

"Come on, Master." Anakin says excitedly.

"Not this time. There's too much at stake. We need help. Odd Ball, do you copy?" Obi-wan asks calling for backup.

"Copy, Red Leader." Odd Ball says joining the battle.