Part 30

"She is going to be okay, the amount of electricity sent her body into a shut down mode. With the treatment, she is expected to make a full recovery." the medical droid announces as several council members look at her figure floating in the bacta tank. 

Obi-wan shakes his head as he watches her lifeless body floating in the tank. "How long will she be in there?" Master Windu asks looking at the medical droid. "When her organs begin working on their own again, she will be removed from the tank to continue her recovery. However, there is a chance the force of the electricity has caused her organs to completely fail, in which case she will never recover and she will die within a few days." the medical droid announces.

Gasps are heard throughout the group as Obi-wan moves to take a seat. "This is my fault." Obi-wan whispers. "Master, you couldn't have known this would happen." Anakin says softly. "I asked her to come assist, she would be perfectly fine on Alderran had I not asked her to come." Obi-wan repeats beating himself up over the condition of his oldest friend. 

"Master Kenobi, we must hold a council meeting immediately." Master Windu says placing a hand on his shoulder. "Anakin, go get some rest." he adds looking at the young Jedi. "Yes, Master." Anakin replies as he takes his leave.

"You still love her." Master Windu sighs. "I have tried not too." Obi-wan sighs shaking his head. "She makes you better, your negotiating, your fighting, all of it is better when she is present." Master Windu replies. "We will speak more of this during the meeting." Master Windu sighs. 

-----------------------

"Jadana, what have you done?" I gasp looking at my apprentice in horror. "I have brought on a new era, with Anakin and Padme by my side, nobody can stop us. Lara, please join us." Jadana pleads as she stands over my daughters lifeless body. 

Shaking my head at the girl I once trained, I let tears flow freely down my cheeks. "I will not allow you to go any farther." I state looking at the girl before me. "Then this will be the end of you, my Master." she replies before lighting her saber.

Gasping for air, I pull myself up out of the bacta tank. "Lara, you haven't healed yet!" Obi-wan calls out as he and Master Windu try to get me back in the tank. "No! No! I-I need out." I gasp pushing against the two who finally give up. 

I look down at the black bra band and black shorts that cover my body before looking at the two men. Obi-wan places a towel over my shoulders before allowing a medical droid through. "You're healing much quicker than anticipated." the droid says intrigued. "We are about to have a council meeting, you may attend if you feel up to it." Master Windu offers.

"Good. We have some things to discuss." I reply looking at the two men.

---------------------

"Master Thorne, what a pleasure it is to see you up and moving." Master Plo states. "We need to talk, but not here." I state not sitting in my seat. "Master Thorne, whatever you have to say can be said here." Master Kolar sighs. "Two jedi are going to turn to the darkside." I state gaining everyones attention. 

"I beg your pardon?" Master Windu questions. "When I was in the tank, I had a vision, similar to the one I had the night before Master Lowen died. This one they, they killed the younglings." I state looking at Obi-wan. "They killed your daughter?" Master Yoda questions. "It wasn't just her, almost all the younglings." I reply thinking back to the vision. "We will look into this more." Master Windu confirms. 

"For now take your seat, we have more matters to attend to." he sighs. "The Chancellor wants to admit Anakin into the Council." Master Windu states. "How long was I out?" I ask completely confused. "Lara, you were out for almost two weeks." Master Coleman answers as I sink into my chair further. The rest of the meeting is drained out as I think through all the possible event I have miss out on. 

Anakin enters and stands in the middle of the room surrounded by the Jedi Council. "Anakin Skywalker, we have approved your appointment to the Council as the Chancellor's personal representative." Master Windu announces.

"I will do my best to uphold the principles of the Jedi Order." Anakin replies with a bow. "Allow this appointment lightly, the Council does not. Disturbing is this move by Chancellor Palpatine." Master Yoda adds. "I understand." Anakin states.

"You are on this Council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master." Master Windu says coldly causing Anakin to become angry. "What? ! How can you do this?? This is outrageous, it's unfair . . . I'm more powerful than any of you. How can you be on the Council and not be a Master?" Anakin says in an outburst. "Anakin, watch what you say." I state sternly as he turns to me with an ice cold stare.

"Take a seat, young Skywalker." Master Windu orders. "Forgive me, Master." Anakin grumbles before plopping into the seat next to me. "We have surveyed all systems in the Republic, and have found no sign of General Grievous." Master Ki-Adi-Mundi states.

"Hiding in the Outer Rim, Grievous is. The outlying systems, you must sweep." Master Yoda replies. "It may take some time . . . we do not have many ships to spare." Obi-wan adds. "We cannot take ships from the front line." Master Windu agrees. "And yet, it would be fatal for us to allow the droid armies to regroup." Obi-wan sighs frustratedly.

"Master Kenobi, our spies contact, you must, and then wait." Master Yoda states. "What about the droid attack on the Wookiees?" Ki-Adi-Mundi questions. "It is critical we send an attack group there, immediately!" Master Windu exclaims. "He's right, that is a system we cannot afford to lose. It's the main navigation route for the southwestern quadrant." Obi-wan states.

"I know that system well. It would take us little time to drive the droids off that planet." Anakin states wanting to help. "Skywalker, your assignment is here with the Chancellor, and Kenobi must find General Grievous." Master Windu says shooting down his offer. "Go, I will. Good relations with the Wookiees, I have." Master Yoda confirms.

"It is settled then. Yoda will take a battalion of clones to reinforce the Wookiees on Kashyyyk. May the Force be with us all." Master Windu sighs dismissing the group.

I watch as most of the council members exit the room or turn off their hologram leaving Master Windu, Obi-wan, and Master Yoda sitting in their seats still. "Master Kenobi, Master Thorne. We have come to the conclusion that the two of you are better together rather than apart. Therefore, we will allow the two of you to keep your attachment to one another." Master Windu sighs. 

"What about the war? We serve in different areas." I state looking at the two. "Work things out later, we will. Going to the gunships, we must." Master Yoda states as we all rise and make our way to the transport.