Chapter 12: They aren't ready

Author's note:

It's been a rough week. Good news is

PuppyLeaf is back!

___

"Listen carefully, the three third years at U.A who stands at the top of all current students. Also known as the big three." Aizawa announced in his usual monotone, he has a staff meeting after this so he isn't particularly happy.

The big three huh? They're the closest among them to being pro heroes. Except the actual pro heroes who're in charge of watching them from the end of class while the other three work on something, Fang is reviewing recorded footage on a laptop and Gopal is chewing on a serving of chicken rice and playing video games. Both had headphones in. Very much dismissing the entire announcement in front of them.

"Okay, can you please introduce yourselves briefly? Starting with Amajiki." The homeroom decided to choose the one furthest from him to start. The third year immediately tense up and focus his gaze upon the freshmen, the entire room was filled with a pressure that went unacknowledged by the two pro heroes.

"It's no good Mirio, Hado-san. Even if I look out on them imagining that they're potatoes, everything other that their heads remain human. I still can't see them as anything but human." Tamaki said in a hushed tone, shaking with anxiety. "What should I do? I can't... say anything..."He heard that there were pro heroes staying in this class too, the thought only place even more pressure on him. "My mind's...blank... I can't..." he turns his back against the class instantly. "I want to go home."

"Um, you are the top of U.A's hero course right?" Ojiro inquires, they should learn more about them, because the distance was a little shorter compare to the actual pros in their class.

"Oh, listen, Amajiki-kun! That's called having the heart of a flea! Even though you're human! It's so strange!" Nejire turns to her shaking friend and mocks him jokingly, the poor lad didn't reply. "This is the flea, Tamaki Amajiki. And then, I'm Nejire Hado. We were asked to talk to you guys about work studies. But wait..."

She promptly gets into Shoji's face. "Hey, hey, why are you wearing a mask? Are you sick? Trying to look cool?" he didn't get the chance to reply. "Oh, my! You must be Todoroki, right? Right? How did you get that burn there?" She was already moving on. "Ashido, if your horns break off, will new ones grow in? Can you move them?" the acid quirk user reaches to check. "Mineta, are those balls of your hair? How do you get a hair-cut?" no time for perverted thoughts. "Asui, you're a tree frog not a toad right?" Tsuyu paused. "There's so much I want to know about all of you! It's so strange!" She bounced on the spot.

"Hey, hey, Ojiro can you support your whole body with your tail?" The boy was unfortunately right in front of her so she pushed. "Hey, hey, tell me! I wanna know!" She took note of the student at the back who's dressed in different uniforms and are ignoring them completely.

"Isn't this lacking rationality?" Aizawa glared at Togata, his hair raising up and eyes glowing angrily, if this takes too long then he'll be late to the staff meeting. Which means allowing that council more free reign then they should have, he mildly enjoyed their antics at the exam, although Boboiboy got permission, acts like these cannot go unpunished.

"Don't worry Eraserhead! I'm going to wrap things up, right?" Mirio points at himself repeatedly to emphasize his point, before taking over the podium. "The future's gonna be....!" He put a hand to his ear, but the joke was quickly met with unimpressed silent. "Grim! That's what you were supposed to say, right? Alright! My call-and-response was a huge fail!"

As he laughs, the children all had the same thought: The closer you come to a pro hero, the weirder you get. Seems to be the general consensus. Actual pros in their class use quirks to do house chores, play video games and get groceries for god's sakes. Not to mention that new social circle.