I.II The Noble Original

2x08

2x08

Rose was pacing while Elena and I sat in silence, waiting for the original to show up. Trevor suddenly walked in frazzled and full of nerves, "He's here! This was a mistake."

Rose shook her head, "No, I told you I would get us out of this. You have to trust me."

"No! He wants me dead, Rose!"

"He wants them more." She said while pointing to us. I stepped away from Elena's side and wrapped my arms around myself in comfort. 

Trevor still was unconsolable "I can't do this. You give her to him, he'll have mercy on you but I need to get out of here." Rose walked over to him and grabbed his hands, making him look at her, "Hey! What are we?"

Trevor took a deep breath, "We're family, forever."

Their sweet moment was interrupted by a knock on the door, making us all flinch. I looked over at Elena, not knowing what would happen next. But she was staring at the terrified faces of Trevor and Rose, "You're scared."

I spoke up, making sure she knew how serious this was, "You should be scared too, Elena."

"Stay here with them and don't make a sound," Rose ordered Trevor as she walked out of the room to answer the door. 

A few minutes passed, with silence engulfing us all. I tried to keep Trevor's loud thoughts out of my head, but it seemed impossible. He was full of nervousness, fear, and doubt. I sighed and sat on the couch, placing my hands over my ears to try and keep calm. 

'He's going to kill me. Of course, he will. Why wouldn't he?'

"Trevor! Can you think a bit quieter please?" The vampire looked at me in confusion but nonetheless, his mind quieted down. Elena's peaked with interest but she was simply thinking of Stefan and Damon saving her. 

Rose and a man entered the room, staring down at Elena, and not noticing me yet. He was tall, with dark hair and eyes and a suit that matched his aura. He carried a presence that screamed he was an original. The presumed Elijah sped down towards Elena and looked at her for a moment before sniffing her neck slowly, "Human. It's impossible. Hello there."

Elena looked over at me for help, drawing Eliajh's attention to me. He walked over to me slowly but as he went to touch me, I grabbed his wrist instead, stopping him. His lips tilted into a small smile. He flipped my hand over, revealing my wrist and in turn, my birthmark.

"Raganų Žudikas..." A chill ran down my spine at the words, and I released his wrist quickly. 
(Witch Slayer)

"I prefer Dove." I simply said while Elijah studied me, "I expected you to be older." 

I shrugged, "Everyone does." 

He smiled in amusement before returning to his blank face and shifting to Elena, "We have a long journey ahead of us. We should be going."