I.V Werewolf Bites

2x12

2x12

"You helped Tyler on the full moon? Care-" I scolded my best friend as we organized the barbeque. Caroline looked up at me from her clipboard with a frown, "Don't look at me like that, Dove. It was the right thing to do! Can you imagine being all alone during that? It was...awful."

"All of his bones breaking? It sounds awful. Maybe next full moon I can do a spell to help him?" I offered, making her look at me with guilty eyes, "He doesn't know witches exist." 

I rolled my eyes, "Then tell him witches exist. Problem solved." 

Her eyes looked behind me and she smiled, "Tyler's over there, I'll be back." 

I shook my head at her refusal to see her crush before continuing to place the tablecloths down. My phone suddenly vibrated with a text. Looking to see that it was from Damon, I opened it and sighed, "The drama never ends..."

I rushed to the boarding house and just as I was about to knock, Damon opened the door looking disheveled. He didn't look sick, just tired, so I pushed past him and began talking, "You don't look like you were bit by a werewolf, so who was? Stefan? I already saw Caroline so I know it wasn't her-"

"It's Rose." I stopped in my tracks and turned to look at him, "Oh."

I had actually grown to like Rose. She was blunt, and obviously cared but was too scared to show it in case something happened. Like with Trevor. And now she was going to die. Damon saw my facial expression and shook his head, "There has to be a cure. What is it?"

"I've never heard of one. I'm sorry." Rose and Damon were a lot alike. They both cared but didn't want to show it. And while Damon was more destructive in his emotional outbursts, he just simply didn't want to see those he loved die. And now Rose, someone he cared for, was dying., Soon enough, murders would pop up around town, just like they always did when Damon was sad. 

"Where is she?" I asked, breaking my train of thought. I would figure something out. Not only for Damon's sake but for Rose's as well. He tipped his head toward the living room and I quickly walked toward it to see Rose with Elena, not looking good. She was pale and sweaty and seemed near death. 

I forced a smile, "Hey, Rose."

She turned around and smiled at me, "Ah, the little bird returns." 

I smiled at the nickname that was so similar to what my mom called me. Sitting down next to her, I could immediately feel her high body temperature. The fever had set in, and soon enough so would the hallucinations. And then the hunger. I ignored the signs, and playfully pushed her shoulder instead, "I was told to babysit you. Play nurse with Elena." 

"Speaking of, let's get you to bed." Elena offered. We both helped Rose to Damon's room and tucked her into bed, while she complained, "I hate this. I'm a vampire, I haven't had a cold in five centuries."