I.IV Bloody Pages

2x10

2x10

I had been avoiding my mom for the past two days, staying at Caroline's instead. She hadn't asked what had happened, and that's why I loved her. She knew when not to push. Even now, after I got a call from Elijah asking for help, she didn't ask where I was going. Because she saw 'that' look on my face. At least, that's what she called it.

"What exactly do you need me for?" I asked as I showed up at the address Elijah provided me with, an apartment. I assumed it was his from the cold and rigid decor.

He closed the door behind me, "I need you to find Elena. You're close with her, I believe you can find her for me." 

My bag suddenly felt heavy with the grimoire that was in it. I fiddled with my hands in nervousness, "We used to be close, but since the accident..."

"Just try for me, will you?" I nodded as I knew it must be important, "Yeah, sure."

We sat down at a table and I laid down my grimoire, finding the page I was looking for. I lit some candles and pulled a knife from my bag, Elijah glanced at it, "How does this work?"

"I'm going to be focusing on Elena's magic, trying to find her in a world of seven billion people."

"Her magic?" He asked in confusion. I looked up at him before cutting my hand, and thankfully, Elijah didn't flinch at the blood. Then again, he was a thousand years old. He must have some kind of control after all these years.

I dripped the blood down into a candle, hearing it sizzle before wrapping my hand up, "Elena carries a small amount of magic since she's a doppelgänger. A supernatural occurrence. Since I know what it feels like, I can use it to pull us to her. Just grab my hand and close your eyes." 

I siphoned a bit of magic from him first before beginning to chant, "Phasmatos Tribum, Nas Ex Veras, Sequitas Sanguinem.

Flashes of Elena flashed through my head. Visions of her in an apartment with large windows. She was watching the rain. I released Elijah's hands and looked at him expectantly, "I know exactly where she is, thank you, Dove." 

I felt my nose begin dripping and looked down to see blood falling onto the page of my grimoire. I immediately wiped it away, but he noticed and a worried expression took over his face,  "Are you alright?" 

I took a tissue that he offered me, holding it to my nose, "Yeah, just been a little off recently. Haven't been sleeping well I guess."

He took that as an answer and nodded, "Take care of yourself, Dove. Remember, I can't have you dying." 

And then he was gone, leaving me in an unfamiliar apartment alone. I looked toward the door that was left ajar in his haste, "I'll just see myself out, then."