I.X Years of Knowledge

2x18

2x18

I watched Klaus/Alaric open the closet in the small apartment. Taking out two shirts, both of which were hideously Alaric, he held them up, "Oh! Who is this guy, Safari Sam?

To my side, Katherine was tied to a chair, scared out of her mind as she should be. Klaus hadn't tied me down but had insisted that I remain where I was so as not to suffer the 'consequences'. I knew he would hurt me, though that didn't mean his witch wouldn't.

Klaus faced the shirts to us, "Okay, bad, or badder?"

"The dark colors suit you better," Katherine said, finally looking away from the wall she had been staring at since I woke up. Klaus smiled, "Oh, thank you, honey. Okay, pop quiz. The dagger and white ash are in the Salvatores' possession, correct?"

Katherine nodded, "The dagger was used to kill Elijah. You'll find him in the basement of the Salvatore house."

He began buttoning his shirt, "Okay, that dagger needs to stay exactly where it is. The last thing I need to do is resurrect Elijah. Oh, that guy is a buzzkill."

I frowned at the bad talk of Elijah, "But he was nice, albeit a little rigid, but still nice."

Klaus ignored me as Katherine spoke, "Don't forget you're on the outs with your girlfriend Jenna."

He sighed, trying to memorize everything, "Right. Elena's aunt. For all the lies about Isobel. What else?" 

"That's it." At her unsteady words, Klaus walked over to Katherine and touched her face lightly, making her flinch, "Oh, so jumpy."

"Please, just...kill me. I've told you everything that I know." I pitied Katherine, I did. She was a young girl who wanted to live and was being punished for it. As if she hadn't already.

Klaus put his hands on either side of the tied-up vampire and stared into her eyes, all while I watched with unease, "You see, I believe that you believe that, but what would you not know? What could they be keeping from you? Hmm? Anything? Tell me."

"They were trying to see if Bonnie could find a way to kill an Original without a dagger," Katherine exclaimed, and my eyes widened in shock. Of course, they didn't tell me, I wasn't exactly friends with them. But still, you'd think they'd ask the girl who's practiced magic since birth about it, rather than let the not-even-year-old witch figure it out.

Klaus looked just as surprised as I, "Bonnie the best friend? I thought you said she didn't have her powers anymore." 

"You kidnapped her, Klaus. She's not in the group anymore." I added, trying to take attention away from Katherine. Klaus nodded, "Well, we'll have to get to the bottom of that."

"Please, just kill me, Klaus, and be done with it." Katherine begged, causing Klaus to frown, "And show you kindness? I've searched for you for over 500 years. Your death is going to last at least half that long." 

He stood back up and took a pocketknife out, before opening it and giving it to Katherine, "I want you to take this knife and stab yourself." 

I flinched as Katherine took the knife and jammed it gruesomely into her thigh, but all Klaus did was smile, "Now take it out."

She gasped as she pulled the knife out, looking up at Klaus for further instructions, "Now while I'm gone, I want you to do that over and over and over again and if you get bored, switch legs."

"Where are you going?" I asked curiously. He walked toward the door, "I'm gonna go lay eyes on my precious doppelgänger."

Turning back to us, he smiled, "Oh, don't look so glum, Katerina. The fun is just beginning. Again."

As soon as he left, Katherine stabbed herself again. I winced as it healed, just for her to stab the knife in again. I quickly apologized as she did it once more, "I'm sorry."

She glanced at me, "Why would you feel sorry for me?"

I shrugged, "I have a heart, okay? Most of the time..."

Katherine smiled, "Oh I know, that's my favorite thing about you Dove Andris, or should I say, Grimm?" 

I looked at her, surprised that she knew that when even I didn't a month ago. She nodded, "I know your true heritage. I've known it since I laid eyes on that mark."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked annoyed at her keeping a major fact from me. Then again, I wasn't friends with her. Why would she tell me? She voiced exactly what I was thinking, "We weren't exactly on the same side."

I nodded in agreement before closing my eyes. Leaning back on the couch, with only the sound of Katherine and her knife, I had time to think. In a matter of days, I had been called an abomination, kidnapped by an Original, and held against my will by said Original. 

I peeked over at Katherine, whose thoughts were rotating between killing Klaus and running from him, just like she had for the last five hundred years. Five hundred years...quite a long time to hear information. Especially information about the Originals, who she was running from. Would she know anything about the mysterious Henrik?

Katherine groaned as the knife went through her leg again, "Go on, ask me what's bothering you." 

I smiled bashfully and scooted down the couch, closer to her, "What do you know of Henrik Mikaelson?"

She shrugged nonchalantly, "Hardly anything, he's a myth. He's more mysterious than any of them. No one even knows if he actually exists."

I pressed on, "But you must have heard something over the years." 

Katherine was about to deny it but then stopped, thinking, "There is one thing." 

I waited for her to continue, her talking in between her stabbing her leg, "Henrik is rumored to be the most ruthless. The most vicious. Even more so than Klaus. All because he's missing one thing...part of his soul."

"His soul?" I confirmed, making sure I had heard it right. She nodded, "Mhmm. Emily Bennett told me of how the witches whispered among themselves, prophesizing when the souls would unite. And end the violence of the Original Myth, maybe even ending the violence of all the Mikaelson's."

"Souls uniting...like a soulmate?" I asked. It made sense, in a way that a dream did before you woke up to the real world. But how could soulmates be real?

"That's what Emily told me." 

I lightly traced my birthmark and leaned back against the couch again, Katherine staring at me in confusion. She tried to comfort me, unknowing of my inner thoughts, "It's just a rumor among witches. No one's ever even laid eyes on Henrik. If he is real, he lives in the shadows and covers his tracks remarkably well."

My voice was breathless as I spoke, "He has to be real."