I.VI Green Eyes

2x13

2x13

Green eyes. Curly hair. Blood-stained lips. The same dream as always. And the same rude awakening from it.

"Columba Rue Andris!" Caroline said while hitting me awake with a pillow.

I blinked at her groggily, "Care?" 

She stopped and placed her hands on her hips, "You haven't been to school in a week! You haven't answered my calls or texts! And your mom said you've barely been eating too! Just sleeping! What's wrong?"

Something about her question broke me because suddenly, I was crying,  "I don't know what's wrong with me Caroline. My mom's lying to me about everything important, like Elijah and my dad. I feel half-dead when I'm awake because every time I close my eyes I have the same dream. Or maybe it's a nightmare..."

"What's it about?" She asked softly, sitting beside me on the bed. I wiped my eyes, "There's a boy with green eyes and curly hair. I can never see his face fully like it's all distorted and blurry. But I see him running under a full moon and then there's a flash of golden eyes and..."

"And what?"

I looked up at Caroline who was watching me carefully, "He dies. With blood staining his lips and claw marks covering his body."

"Sounds confusing. And awful."

I shrugged, "There's just something so familiar about him. It's like I know him somehow."

She was about to speak, but I wanted to change the subject so I asked, "How are things with Matt and Tyler? Still rocky?" 

Caroline's smile immediately turned into a frown as she began ranting, "You have no idea. So both Matt and Tyler kissed me, on the same day! And then this morning, Tyler was at my house and he knows about Mason. He knows Stefan and Damon are vampires, as well as that they killed him. And he is pissed!"

My face was wide-eyed and shocked, "Shit."

"Exactly!"

"Want me to give him an aneurysm?" I offered making her laugh, "What would that do?"

"Scare him into compliance, obviously." We laughed for a moment before the silence between us grew serious. Caroline leaned her head on mine, "I just want us to be okay. With everything going on, I'm scared someone's going to get hurt. Especially you, you may not like to believe it but you're a martyr yourself."