I.III An Andris and a Grimm

2x09

2x09

I walked up to the Salvatore door and saw Elena there waiting, seemingly having already knocked. I wondered what was so important that they called me here. They usually never included me unless it was necessary, as I didn't like to be involved in the Mystic Falls drama. Especially when it came to Elena.

"Hey," Elena said. I nodded my head at her as Damon opened the door. He leaned against it, "Hello, Elena. Dove."

I rolled my eyes as Elena sighed in impatience, "Is Stefan here? He called. He said it was important."

"Right this way."

We walked into the house, Stefan meeting us in the hallway, "Hey."

"What is this about?" I asked, as I was running late to school and Caroline was going to kill me. Stefan stepped back, revealing Rose who waved shyly at us.

"Rose?" I asked as Elena said, "You."

After a mini-staredown between the two, we walked into the living room and Elena and I sat on the couch opposing the three vampires. Rose stared at us for a moment before she stood up and began pacing, "Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real." The name rang a bell in my head, the same as Elijah's had. 

"Who is he?" Elena asked. Damon was leaning against a chair, seemingly disinterested, but I knew what he was really feeling as he spoke, "He's one of the originals, he's a legend."

"From the first generation of vampires," Stefan explained. It began making sense in my head. All the stories my mom had told me. I mean growing up with a witch of a mother, especially a legacy witch, was like growing up with a supernatural encyclopedia. She knew everything. And suddenly it was all clicking.

"Like Elijah?" Elena questioned. I shook my head softly, not enough for anyone to notice, no one except Rose who glanced at me before she spoke, "No. Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal."

"Klaus is known to be the oldest," Stefan said. I scoffed, but quickly covered it up. If I knew anything, Klaus was not the oldest, but he was the most memorable.

"Okay, so you're saying that the oldest vampire in the history of time is coming after us?" Elena asked while looking over at me. I felt a chill run down my spine, remembering what Rose had told me about the sacrifice. That I would have to be a part of killing Elena. And I hadn't killed anyone since that night. And they deserved it at least. Elena was annoying, and sometimes bitchy, but she wasn't a bad person. Just...human.

"Yes."

"No." 

Stefan and Rose looked at each other in annoyance as Damon spoke, eyeing them with annoyance, "What they're saying is, I mean if what she's saying is true..."