001

chapter onelet the summer fun begin

chapter one
let the summer fun begin

You know that part in High School Musical 2 when the whole of Mrs Darbus' drama class was staring at the clock, waiting for it to count down while chanting summer over and over again so they could all throw their papers in the air and finally be l...

You know that part in High School Musical 2 when the whole of Mrs Darbus' drama class was staring at the clock, waiting for it to count down while chanting summer over and over again so they could all throw their papers in the air and finally be let out for break?

Yeah, that's basically how Dylan Valdez felt right now.

There she sat in her last class of her junior year, — english — sporting a yellow summer dress with white flowers on it, white converse, and one of Nini's extra cardigans that she was forced to wear after being dress coded for having a shoulders out. On her chest sat a necklace, a Saturn charm on it that EJ had bought her after their confession a few weeks ago. He had bought it because the charm matched the earrings that she wore to homecoming, which he later admitted to her was when he first began to like her.

She sat their bored, chin in the palm of her hand as she absentmindedly doodled in her notebook. The teacher was playing an old movie that was some rendition of a book they had read in class at the beginning of the year but Dylan wasn't really bothering to pay attention. The teacher was typing away on her laptop and whispered conversation was heard all throughout the classroom. It was the last day of school, after all.

Dylan suddenly felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. Her eyebrows furrowed before she grabbed her phone from her pocket. Dylan turned it on to see who was messaging her, only to see her boyfriend's contact flash on the screen, EJ Caswell. She unlocked her phone, reading over the message, a smile creeping up on her face as she typed a reply.

She had been going out with EJ Caswell since she was seventeen, or in other words a little over a month (April 10th to be exact, when he had asked her to be his girlfriend after they had had dinner with her dad and Evelyn.) Meanwhile, EJ was already 18, seeing as he was a senior, but since Dylan was born in early September she was only a couple of months younger than him.

So, yeah, she had been dating EJ since she was seventeen. And while she hadn't admitted it aloud to many people, she really liked him, she liked him so much.