002

chapter twogood news and arriving at camp

chapter two
good news and arriving at camp

The next day, Dylan awoke full of excitement

The next day, Dylan awoke full of excitement. Today was the day she was going to meet her friends at camp. She was going to do the road trip with her friends but her dad practically begged her to allow him to take her after demanding that he has a chat with her before they go. The thought scared Dylan — why did he need to speak to her so desperately? But nonetheless, she told him that it was okay and she would simply meet her friends there.

The girl had been packed for about a week, knowing that last minute packing would stress her out and so deciding not to risk it. Once she was out of bed, she jumped in the shower, before putting a black crop top with a pair of black denim shorts and one of EJ's jackets over the top, in case she got cold. She grabbed her suitcase, hauling it down the stairs before placing it in front of the front door.

She made her way towards the kitchen, the smell of food invading her senses. She stepped into the room to see her dad cooking at the stove, while Evelyn sat at the kitchen table, laptop in front of her as she stared at the screen. Dylan smiled, moving over to sit opposite Eve, who was editing a magazine double page spread.

Sebastian smiled over at his daughter from where he was cooking. He plated their breakfast up bringing over Dylan's and Eve before placing them in front of the two. He pressed a kiss to Dylan's head, Eve moving her laptop to the other side of the table as Sebastian made his way over with his own breakfast. Dylan quickly tucked in, the pancakes and bacon with maple syrup looking absolutely incredible.

Both Seb and Eve ate their breakfast in silence, looking over at Dylan every few seconds after sharing a couple of glances. Dylan furrowed her eyebrows when she noticed both of them acting weird. She stayed quiet for a few more moments, eating her food happily before the awkwardness and silence was too much for her.

"Why are you two acting weird?" She asked suddenly, catching the two adults by surprise.

"We're not." Eve stated, sharing a look with Seb.

"Yes you are." Dylan raised her eyebrows. "Why?"

The two both shook their heads, adamant that they were fine and not acting weird in anyway. Dylan continued to raise her eyebrows at them, looking between the two adults before staring at her dad for a few seconds.