003

chapter three
CORBIN BLEU!

The four girls made their way inside the small cabin in the shape of a hexagon, appropriately titled Honeycomb

The four girls made their way inside the small cabin in the shape of a hexagon, appropriately titled Honeycomb. Dylan smiled as they looked around, Kourtney gushing as they did. The cabin was ridiculously decorated. It was painted a light shade of blue and most of the decorations were yellow. There were three sets of bunk beds, which had yet to be claimed. Each bed had a bulletin board next to them to pin things on. In the corner of the room was a large sink and a mirror by a bathroom.

Dylan circled the room, as Gina brought the other two into a small huddle, the three arguing about what bed they wanted. As they did, Dylan made her way to the bottom bunk, sitting on it before calling out to the other three.

"Well I claim this one." She announced, causing the three's heads to snap in her direction before they came running over, and grabbing the one they wanted.

"Guys, I can't believe so many of us showed up for this." Gina spoke breathless from laughing.

"Yeah, I mean EJ talked a pretty big game." Kourtney let her hands drop from where they were on her hips. "I was expecting, you know more a Four-Seasons-y vibe."

"He gets so excited when he describes camp." Ashlyn stated. "And the only reason I never joined him is 'cause I spent the last six summers LARPing in Minnesota."

The three girls are stared at her quietly.

"Live-action roleplay? Anyone?"

"We're gonna learn a lot about each other this summer, aren't we?" Kourtney asked rhetorically.

"My best character is a sewing wench from Gondor." Ashlyn smiled.

"Okay, I'm going to check out the restroom." Kourtney excused herself awkwardly. "Ooh, and now I've done that."

"Come on, Kourt." Dylan stopped her movements. "This is gonna be an amazing summer."

"Yeah, this guy I know promised." Gina joked.

"Glad you have someone here." Kourtney frowned. "I mean Howie's off to college, Nini's on the road, my mum's too old for camp, so I just have Dylan."

"And I will be there, with these two with you everyday." Dylan reassured the girl, bringing the three in for a group hug.

As the four pulled away, the door opened again, the girl from earlier walking in, another girl following. "Yes, my ladies from honeycomb." She smiled. "Once again, I'm Maddox."

"I thought you're name was gadget."

"Ooh! No, yeah, it is also gadget." She nodded. "Yes, my camp name. Everyone gets one. It's super fun."

Maddox then moved over to one of the free beds. "Oh the memories I've made on this bed, you know I once knocked my two front teeth out on this here bulletin board in an intense pillow fight."