004

chapter four
meet val!

Dylan awoke the next day, bright and early, despite not wanting to

Dylan awoke the next day, bright and early, despite not wanting to. She and EJ had planned to meet up the next morning. She knew EJ wouldn't be able to sleep, after last night and so decided she would calm him down in the best way she could, by being herself, and being with him. She made her way up the steps of the barn, the boy sitting on the bench on the deck.

"Hey." She greeted softly, still half asleep.

"Hi." He smiled, handing her a cup of coffee. She took it gratefully, taking a sip to wake herself up a bit. She sat next to him, a smile on her face.

"You okay?"

"Um, I'm panicking slightly, as I now must direct the first ever student production of frozen that will air in, I don't know, 63 countries." EJ spoke quickly.

Dylan smiled, unphased by his rambling. He was freaking out, but he had no reason to. "I'm not panicking, because I know that you are going to be an amazing director, probably the best Camp Shallow Lake has ever seen."

"You literally have zero proof to back that theory up." EJ deadpanned.

"I don't need any proof." Dylan told him. "Because I said so, therefore it has to be true. I support you, and believe in your potential as my amazing, incredible, talented, witty boyfriend."

Dylan smiled, as EJ pouted. "You forgot handsome."

"Well you wouldn't want me to lie to you." Dylan teased. "But you managed to be humble for about five seconds, which is a new record."

The two made eye contact, keeping it for a few seconds. "Can you believe Ricky turned up?"

"I kinda hoped he would, you know, ditch Lily and all." Dylan explained. "I mean he's still one of my closest friends."

"I get that."

"When are you gonna tell everyone you're directing the show?" The brunette asked, leaning her head on the boy's shoulder.

"Soon, at auditions, but will you not say anything until then?" EJ looked down at her.

"Your secret's safe with me." She smiled up at him, pressing a kiss to his cheek before a bugle began to play. The couple look over to see Maddox playing a certain melody on the bugle.

"Hey-o, I'm so glad you're hearing the bugle." EJ told her happily.

"The what?"

"It's like the perfect start to the day." EJ was so happy that Dylan have the heart to tell him that if she had to wake up to that everyday, she would be the grumpiest person ever.

"Rise and shine, newbies!" Maddox's shouted towards the yurts, way too energetic for this early in the morning. "You're on Shallow Lake time now. Whoo! Oh, hey guys."