016

chapter sixteenmeet me in the space between?

chapter sixteen
meet me in the space between?

The show progressed, and it was going very well, considering the whole livestream thing and how Channing said he was going to throw extra things at them

The show progressed, and it was going very well, considering the whole livestream thing and how Channing said he was going to throw extra things at them. Dylan watched in the wings for most of the show, watching as Ricky, Gina and Carlos performed In Summer with a smile on her face.

Dylan left the wings, moving to stand with Kourtney. "Hey Kourt."

"Hey D." Kourtney smiled, the girl sitting in her costume for the ensemble. "You okay?"

"Anxiety sucks, right?" Dylan stated.

"So much."

"But we have to push through." Dylan told her, almost as if she was trying to convince herself.

"Do you think we need therapy." Kourtney asked. "Alex told me she has therapy and it's great."

"Let's make a pact." Dylan proposed. "We help each other through our anxiety senior year."

"Deal." Kourtney nodded. "And we stop hiding in the shadows."

"Yeah..."

"You need to stop hiding in the shadows, D." Kourtney stated. "How you feel right now, if the feeling you feel right before you do something brave. So do it. You told someone you loved them, how bad could this be."

Dylan cracked a smile, letting out a small laugh. "Yeah."

"I'll be cheering you on from the wings." Kourtney told her.

Dylan smiled, making her way towards the stage as it was now time for Let it go. She stepped onto the stage. Dylan locked eyes with Kourtney, who gave her a reassuring nod. She could do this.

Dylan walked further onto stage, starting to sing. "The snow glows white on the mountain tonight, not a footprint to be seen. A kingdom of isolation and it looks like I'm the queen." Dylan began to step up the steps so it looked like she was walking up the mountain. "The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside. Couldn't keep it in, Heaven knows I tried."