013

chapter thirteen
crazy in love

They were now in another activity, one called Dewey Says

They were now in another activity, one called Dewey Says. It was basically Simon Says, but if Dewey said Simon says instead of Dewey Says and someone did that command, they would get out. Dylan stood next to Jet in the second row, the two of them stood behind Ricky and Gina, each standing in front of a cone that showed their team colour.

"Dewey says hop on one foot." Dewey announced, through his megaphone.

All of them followed his instructions.

Ricky raised his hands. "Hey, Dewey? Is Simon gonna sue you for stealing his game?"

"I don't know Simon personally." Dewey replied.

"Breaking news. Dewey Wood locks Simon of Simon say in his basement."

Gina laughed loudly, but quickly covered it with her hand. Dylan laughed as well, shaking her head as she hit Ricky's back. "You are such an idiot."

Dewey blew his whistle and pointed at Ricky. "You're out. Buh-bye."

Ricky casually walked past Gina, moving to stand behind the line with all the other people that were out. He stood next to EJ, who stood with his hands in his pockets.

Wait, EJ?

When had he turned up?

The Caswell boy locked eyes with Dylan, smiling at her and sending her a thumbs up. Dylan blew him a kiss, the boy pretending to catch it dramatically making her laugh with a shake of her head.

"Dewey says stop." Dewey stated, and all of them stopped. "Dewey says hop on one foot." Dylan began to hop on one foot once again. "Dewey says stop jumping and put your right hand on your head." Everyone did the command. "Dewey says dance like you're at camp prom."

Dylan began to dance but then her mind registered what Dewey had said. Camp prom? She continued dancing, but a smile on her face and her stomach rushed with excitement.

Ashlyn fully stopped. "What'd you say?" Dewey blew his whistle at her, and Ashlyn leaned in closer to Jet. "Did he say there's a Camp Prom?"

Dewey pointed at her. "You." He waved his hand and Ashlyn walked away. "Stop." He blew his whistle and pointed at a girl on the Yellow Team. "Dewey says spin in a circle." Dylan spun in a circle. "Simon says stop." Dylan caught on and continued, but Gina and some girl from the Yellow Team stopped. "Oh, I'm Dewey, not Simon! You two, you're out. Dewey says that is a great victory for the Yellow Team. Congrats, you three."

Dylan high-fived Jet and then hugged Maddox since the three of them were left before she wandered over to her friends. Her arm crossed across her chest and a smug smile on her face. "Yellow Team wins again."

"Dewey says get ready for the climbing wall next." Dewey voiced. "We're having fun."

"Did he say climbing wall?" Kourtney asked.