Ch-4 The tweet

Ro tried to sleep that night but he really couldn't. This was one of the rare nights where he couldn't sleep. He was really angry at the whole bcci for doing this to vi and what bothered him more was the conversation he heard when he was going. He couldn't believe that some of them could think like these. And he couldn't believe that dada wasn't believing virat.

He was tossing and turning until a idea came in his mind. He didn't really care about the consequences because bcci deserved it and he picked up his phone opened his Twitter and wrote
"A big board should really know how to handle and respect the players. And how not to spread lies about them. Especially the ones who have done so much for the game and the country. If the members don't know that, then they should resign and let better members come in their place."
And then he tagged bcci and tweeted it.

Ro then closed his mobile and put it on the side.
Only after ten minutes he realized that maybe he's doing a little bit more. Maybe the social media wasnt such a good idea so he took his phone again and went to delete the tweet. But by now it didn't really matter, because he had millions of followers and already many of them had seen it, and also taken a screenshot and spread it like wildfire.

Rohit didn't think much of so many likes and retweets he had gotten, he just deleted the tweet, kept the phone beside him and went to sleep.

In the morning, continuous ringing of his phone woke him up. He saw that Ritika wasn't there, it means that she had already woken up, as always. The ringing of his phone wasn't stopping and so he was forced to pick it up and without seeing the name of the caller he kept it near his ear.
"Hello" he said in a sleepy voice.
"Rohit do you know what you have done? What you have tweeted?" He heard mahi bhai's calm voice.

Instead of worrying about the tweet, ro asked "mahi bhai since when do you open twitter?"
"I didn't open the twitter. It's on the news channel."

"Wow, don't they have any other work then showing my tweet, i don't even exactly remember what I tweeted." He really didn't, since he was still feeling sleepy, though he was aware that whatever he had tweeted was not good.

"Ro you directly blamed the bcci of disrespecting the players and they don't know how to handle their players and that they should resign. And you didn't even try to hide it, you tagged them, making it pretty obvious."

Ro got up as now he did remember it. "Oh No" he murmered.
"Yeah that's right, Oh No." Mahi said imitating Ro's voice. "What were you even thinking last night?"

Ro told him everything that happened in the meeting yesterday, and then his conversation with dada and what he had heard some members say about vi when he was going out. "I was very angry yesterday and so i just tweeted it." Ro said in a quiet voice.

"Well isn't that great ro?" Mahi asked sarcastically. "You just tweeted it without thinking about the consequences."

"But now what?" Ro asked not knowing what he should do.
"We will have to think about something." Mahi said. "If I get something, i will call you."

"Okay." Ro said and as soon as he cut the call, vi's call came.
"Ro what were you even thinking? Were you even in your sense?" Vi asked as soon as ro picked up the call.
"I know, i know, this is bad and all. But i was just angry on them." Ro said.
"So you will tweet anything? Just like that? And what even happened to make you so angry?"

Ro hesitated but then decided to tell him. "When i asked them yesterday why they lied about telling you not to step down, they didn't give answers and were still lying to my face."

"I thought we had decided that we wouldn't bring this in picture again?" Vi asked.
"Yeah i know, but i wanted answers from them. I wanted to know why would they do something like this. I hate them vi, for trying to declare you as the liar in front of the world."

"Ro if they try to declare me liar that doesn't mean that i will become a liar, does it? As long as you guys believe in me, i don't really care what they try to do."

"I know, vi." Ro sighed. "Now that i am starting to think about it, i am realizing what I have really done." He admitted. "And by the way mahi bhai also had called just before you did. He said he will think about something."

"Oh, he called? Did you get scolded?" Via sked suddenly sounding a little happy, because no matter what, his best friend getting scolded could always make him happy.

Ro frowned. "Why are you sounding so happy?"
"Uhh, nothing" vi said quickly trying to not sound happy. "Did he say something to you?"

"Nothing much. He didn't scold me as much as you would have liked." Ro said guessing why virat had become happy.

Virat just grinned and said "we will think about something. Maybe you should apologize and say it was by msitake or something."

"You are kidding right? I am not apologizing. It wasn't by mistake, that i can tell you."
"But ro it's going to create so many problems, do you realize that? Now it will become clear that there's something wrong between the captain and the bcci."
"Sorry vi, but i am not apologizing or anything. We will think of something else."
Vi knew there was nothing else that they could do now. It was already out and pretty clear so they really had nothing that could make things proper again.

Vi decided to change the topic and talk about other things instead of worrying about what's going to happen now. They will see whatever happens, because they have each other.

They both talked on random things then vi had to go as vami had woken up and started crying and Anushka had also gone out.
Ro put the phone down and started to wonder what will happen now.

********

Dada got a big shock as he saw rohit's tweet. He had deleted it by now, but there were screenshots that everyone was spreading and it had even become a news. He couldn't believe that ro would tweet something like this and he was now seriously angry at him.
Just then he got Sachin paji's call.

"Dadi did something happen between the bcci and rohit?" He asked knowing that there was a meeting yesterday.
Dada sighed and told him the whole story.
"So he thinks that arjun is lying?"
"Yes, but that isn't possible because he has been in the bcci since eight years. Even before i became president. And he has always backed virat, whenever there was a meeting or something so why would he suddenly do all this? And even if he was supposedly lying, what gave rohit the right to tweet something like this? He's acting childish and now everyone knows that things are not right between the board and the captain, and everything is going to become a mess."

"Tell jammy to talk with rohit when they gather for next series. It's only five days away now." He suggested.
"Yeah, i will ask jammy. He should talk with virat also. I am seriously not liking their behaviour."
"It's okay, hopefully they will listen to jammy and everything will be sorted out." Sachin paji said hoping that it does come true.
But he didn't realize that things were going to get more messed up.