Ch-7 The aftermath

"Rohit bhaiyyaaa" yuzi shouted at the top of his voice, scaring everyone.
Ro who was talking with Bhuvi, was startled.
"Why are you shouting?" He asked.
Yuzi just went to him and showed him his phone without saying anything.

Rohit read the post for nearly ten times. And seeing ro quiet and yuzi so shocked, everyone came and started to see what it was.

Two paragraphs, just two paragraphs and everything seemed to be destroyed.

"I know you guys might be upset but i can explain to you." Virat who had just come, said. He got the idea what they were all reading by their expressions.

"You? You will explain us? Okay then, explain." Ro said angrily as he got up.

"Ro it was the perfect time. With the world test cup also coming soon...." virat tried to explain but got interrupted by rohit.

"Shut up! Just shut up!!" Rohit shouted so angrily that everyone in the room got shocked.
They had never seen ro look so angry. Virat also stopped hearing ro get so angry.

"Don't you dare try to repeat what mahi bhai had told us. I was there, I know what he said to convince you and don't dare repeat that words. I can't believe you did this, virat. I really can't. I thought we were best friend, we share everything and anything that is troubling us with each other."

"Ro, you are my best friend....." Vi tried to say but Ro cut him off.

"Yeah right. I am your best friend. A best friend who gets to know something so big with the rest of the world. Whose opinion isn't even asked before taking such a big step. I know how much test cricket means to you, and I know how bad you must be feeling before deciding to leave the captaincy, and you didn't even think it was necessary for you to share it with me. To share the pain. I can't talk to you, virat, I really can't." Saying this Ro went away despite virat calling him.

"Vi." Bhuvi said coming near him. "When mahi bhai had retired from test cricket you had promised the team that you would never take any big decisions like bhai without consulting the team first. What happened to your promise? Did you not remember your promise before making such a big decision and not including the team in it?"

"Bhuvi I...." Vi tried to justify himself but bhuvi cut him off. "No leave it, it's okay, you didn't want to inform us. Everyone can do whatever they want in this team, I guess." And he too went away.

Kulcha didn't even talk to him and together they also went away.
Harry, jaddu and rishu also left without even glancing at vi.

"Vi" jinks said softly coming to him. "I am with you in every step of the way. In fact all of us are. But you should have just talked with us one time. You have first hand experience on how it feels when someone close to you suddenly resigns from captaincy or even takes retirement, right? Then why didn't you even inform us?"

"Jinks i was thinking about all the things that happened recently with the board and everything and then i realized if I stay test captain, i won't be able to play freely and I wanted to tell everyone but I feared that ro and you all would try to talk me out of it. I am sorry jinks, I truly am. I wasn't expecting that everyone would get so upset."

"They all love you vi, that's why they got so upset."

"Are you also disappointed with me?" Vi asked jinks.
"Not disappointed." Jinks said immediately.
"But upset." Vi completed the unfinished sentence.

Jinks didn't say anything which was as good as an answer for vi.

Just then vi got a call. It was mahi bhai. Jinks saw the caller id and said "you should pick this up, we will meet at dinner time." Saying this he went towards his room.