Ch-9 Manipulation

Virat knew he had left the test captaincy and one of the reasons was the bcci. But he blamed the whole board and not one person. But this media people didn't understand that. They were making it look like that there were problems between him and dada, which was not true at all.

"Is there a rift between Sourav Ganguly and virat Kohli? Is that the reason why virat Kohli has left test captaincy?" One reporter said in the news.

"Virat is not going to back down against Sourav Ganguly. Shows his determination by leaving the test captaincy." Another reporter reported.

"They are showing as if I have problem with dada." Virat said to rohit as he surfed through the channels.

"Leave it, na. Who cares? It is their daily work." Ro said flipping the pages of newspaper without even reading them.

"But if dada will see this he will think this is true, i am more worried about that." Vi said.

"So let him think whatever he wants to, we can't help it."

"Rohit." Virat said staring at him.
"What? I am still not over the fact that how he is ready to trust some other bcci member over you. And how he was trying to justify what they did to you."

"We shouldn't blame him. We should instead try to think from his perspective. You know right, that they are friends? Dada is friends with him from a long time. And we do not share that close relationship with him."

"Okay, we don't share. But mahi bhai does. And he also tried to explain dada, but did he listen to him?" Ro asked.

"Ro, sometimes, trust can blind us."
"Why are you being a philosopher all of a sudden? Has leaving captaincy made you a saint or something?"

Ro and vi looked at each other for a moment before bursting into laughter.

"Life can sometimes make you say things you never imagine you would say." Vi said after trying to stop his laughter.

"Yeah, life can also make us do things." Ro agreed remembering how he had tweeted.

"No need to feel guilty about that now." Vi said knowing perfectly well what ro was thinking about.
Ro frowned. "I am not and will never feel guilty about that. I am just thinking how unexpectedly I picked up the phone and tweeted that. I never would have thought I would do something like that."

"You did it because you love me, it's okay, I know that." Vi said smirking.
"I didn't do it for you." Ro lied. "I did it because bcci were getting on my nerves."

"After they said something bad about me." Vi reminded.
"Stop thinking so highly about yourself. It was not just for you."
"Don't lie to me ro, i know the truth. You yourself told me."

"I didn't even once say that I did it because I love you or something like that. Something unfair was happening with you and I just felt angry, the same anger I would have felt for anyone else."

"But you didn't need to say it, I already know. And you are lying, lying is not good for your health."

"You know what? I am tired and I am going to sleep." Ro said putting the paper aside and lying down, covering his head with the blanket.

"But I won, we both know that." Vi said happily.
Ro smiled secretly under the blanket. 'Yeah, vi, I did it because I love you.' He thought. Because how could he lie to his own self?

                  *********

"Dev, we need something else." Arjun, the secretary said coming in the office.
"What do you mean by something else?" Dev asked.
"I don't think we have completely won sourav's trust. We need something more concrete against kohli."

"You said he trusts you completely because you both are friends from a long time." Dev said starting to get agitated.

"I know what I said. But he said and I quote "kohli is not that kind of player who would lie." And he again and again asked me if I was sure that virat heard correctly about us asking him to think on his decision."

"Ughh....this is annoying." Dev muttered. "But don't worry, I have got an idea. We have to make an audio such that it looks like he has been asked and he denied. We need a good editor for that. Find the best editor that you can and give him whatever money he wants to help us."

Arjun nodded and went away.

                  *********
(One week later)
Dada was sitting in the office going through some files, when he heard a knock.
"Come in." He said.
It was arjun.

"Sourav, i have to show you something." He said sounding worried.
"What happened?" Dada asked curiously.

Arjun took out his phone and opened something.

"Hello." Virat's voice was heard.
"Virat sir, this is Aarav speaking. From the bcci. One behalf of the whole bcci, we are requesting you to not leave the captaincy. You should think about it, please sir."

"No, I have made my decision. The T20 captaincy is increasing the pressure on me and I don't think I can continue."

"Mr virat, this is arjun speaking." Now Arjun's voice was heard. "Think about it. There will be bad consequences. You will be removed from odi captaincy also because india does not prefer split captaincy."

"I have thought about it. Decision's final. Goodbye." And then there was silence.

Dada just stared at the phone in shock.
"I asked Aarav to check yesterday, if he had recording of the call, and luckily it was saved in his mobile. So you see, he was lying all along. We even warned him about odi captaincy."

"I don't believe he was lying." Dada said. "Send me the recording, he has to answer some questions."

Arjun nodded and send the recording to dada.
"I should leave now." Arjun said.
Dada nodded.

After arjun went out of the door he texted Dev "done" and went away happily.

Meanwhile, dada send this recording to both virat and rohit.
And then called them.