Ch-6 The unexpected decision

"Dada, try to understand. One of you have to try to mend everything." Rahul bhai tried to convince dada. He had called him and told him about the conversation with rohit and now he was trying to convince him that one of the board members should apologize and then rohit will do the same and everything will be alright, but unfortunately, he was not ready to listen.

"I would have no problem apologizing jammy, if it was a mistake of any member of the board. But it is not. First i thought virat had lied to rohit, but now i think rohit also knows that virat is lying and they are just doing drama."

"It doesn't matter whoever is right or whoever is wrong, someone much take the first step, right? And you also know, more often than not, it is an elder's responsibility to try to solve fight or misunderstanding." Rahul bhai tried to convince dada.

"Jammy, I am sorry, I can't ask any of my board members to go and apologize, when no mistake was committed from our side."

"But...." Rahul bhai tried to protest but dada quickly said "I am sorry, I have to go. Call you later." And he cut the call.

Rahul bhai sat on the chair, worrying about what will happen now. Neither rohit nor dada is ready to listen. Both of them think they are right and are not ready to see how this might affect the team.

As rahul bhai thought about what he should do, he finally got an idea. The last option.
He took his phone and clicked mahi's number, hoping that for once, he would pick up on time.

Fortunately, after a few rings, the phone was picked up.
"Hi Rahul bhai. How are you?" Mahi asked.
"Not good, at the moment." Rahul bhai said truthfully.
"What happened?" mahi asked immediately, listening to the sad tone of rahul bhai.

"You very well know what happened. It's all over the news."

Mahi immediately realized what rahul bhai was talking about. "Rohit's tweet?" He asked.
"Yes." Rahul bhai answered and then told him about how dada had called him and asked him to talk to rohit, and he had gone there, trying to talk to him but rohit refused to apologize and dada is also refusing to apologize.

"Now?" Mahi asked worried at the increasing tension between them.
"I want your help." Rahul bhai said.
"How can I help?" Mahi asked, confused.
"Convince Ro to apologize to the bcci members."
"What?" Mahi asked, shocked at rahul bhai's request.
"Please, mahi, doesn't seem like dada is going to listen to anyone, now, but ro may listen to you. Please ask him to apologize, so that all this tension can end."

"I am sorry bhai, but i can't ask him to apologize." Mahi answered after a minute.

"Why not, mahi? He loves you like an elder brother, if you will insist, he will listen."

"That's why I don't want to do it. I don't want to force him into doing anything he doesn't want to do. Especially when I know what he is doing is absolutely right."

"You think what rohit is doing is right?" Rahul bhai asked.
"Yes, and not only I, but you also know that he's right. Virat doesn't have any reason to lie to everyone. Why would he lie and create all this drama? You have spent enough time with him to know he is not like that and there is no one who wants indian cricket to prosper than him. That chief selector- arjun- is lying, and surprisingly, dada is believing him over virat."

"Mahi, try to understand, this is not about who is right and who is wrong, the unity of everyone is more important than this whole drama."

"I know that unity and everything is more important, but i have no right to ask rohit to apologize, if he doesn't want to. I am sorry I can't ask him to say sorry."

"Do you realize the danger the team is in if this doesn't get solved?" Rahul bhai asked.

"I am sorry rahul bhai, I just can't interfere and ask ro to do something he doesn't want to do. Why don't you give it a few days? See where this is heading? Maybe in a few days, one of them will apologize on their own."