Ch-8 Apologies

Virat thought for sometime about what he could do. He then got an idea and called their team's manager.
"Can you order two cakes from a good bakery? One chocolate fudge of half kg and another brownie of 2kg."

"Okay, by which time do you want it?"
"As soon as possible, it's urgent."
"Okay i will see what I can do."
"Oh and i want something different to be written on both, i will text you and thank you."

"Mention not." He got the reply and he cut the call.
He then texted about what to write.
On the half kg cake write "I am sorry, ro. Please forgive me." And on the 2kg cake, write, "I am sorry everyone."

The manger sent him a thumbs up emoji and vi closed the phone and started thinking of other ideas since he knew cake wouldn't be enough.

He knew the best thing would be to talk to everyone. First he had to talk to ro and then he would go and convince others. If ro would be with him, then everything else was going to be automatically easy.

He went downstairs and went towards his and Ro's room. He took a deep breath and opened the door which was luckily not locked.

Ro was sleeping on his stomach and had covered himself with the blanket from head to toe.

"Ro are you awake?" Virat asked a little quietly so that if ro is really asleep, he wouldn't be disturbed.

There was no reply but only a little movement, which made vi realize that he was not sleeping.

"Ro please talk to me, i am sorry." Vi said apologizing. There was still no reply. "I know i have hurt you, i shouldn't have done it without informing you but...." Virat hesitated.

"But what, virat?" ro asked finally getting up from his sleeping position. "but what?"

"Till now, i had never truly realized why mahi bhai didn't tell us anything and took sudden retirement or left from the captaincy suddenly in the limited overs. And then i did, today, when I had to take the decision. Ro, even thinking about doing it, is not easy. It hurts. It's just captaincy, but it had become a big part of me, just like it's going to become yours. It was not easy to step down and then i had to tell you all and that's when I couldn't. It increased the uncertainty that i was feeling and that's why I couldn't tell you. I knew if i told you guys and you would ask me to not leave, the uncertainty would increase. And i would be tempted to play more matches as captain. And i didn't want that. I am so sorry, Ro, but please forgive me." Virat apologized at the end.

Rohit immediately got up and hugged him. "i forgive you." He said in the hug. "But never again take any big decisions related to cricket without telling me first, or i will never talk to you."

"Will you be able to resist talking to me?" Virat asked with a teasing smirk.
"You think so highly of yourself." Is all rohit muttered since he knew in his heart that virat was right.

"I have gotten you a sorry gift also but it will probably take some hours to come." Virat said after parting from the hug.

"What is it?" Ro asked curiously.
"You see for yourself when it comes. For now, i have to go to everyone and apologize." He added.

"Should I call everyone in our activity room?"
"Yeah that would be nice." Vi said.

Rohit texted everyone in the group to meet in fifteen minutes.

After fifteen minutes, everyone had gathered, still in a sad mood.
Virat and ro went forward and he looked at ro, who nodded in an assuring manner.

"I would like to apologize to everyone." Vi said. "I should have told you all what I was doing, but it was hard on me as well and with all the events that have happened recently, I thought doing this quickly would be the best. I am sorry for not considering how hurt you all might get, but please forgive me. Please." He pleaded.