Ch-13 The Plan

Even though, virat was insisting to go to practice the next day, mahi bhai managed to stop him.
He knew people would be present today also and they would repeat the same action and he did not wish to see virat hurt more than he already was.

"So, I won't be able to do practice now?" Vi asked annoyed at having to stay in the hotel instead of going for practice.

"No, you will." Mahi bhai assured. "That too soon. But it's just some days."

"Some days?" Vi asked shocked.
Mahi bhai sighed. "Ok, let's do one thing. Let's go to the gym of this hotel. We will both do exercise together."

Vi's face immediately brightened. "Ok, let's go." He agreed.

Luckily there were hardly any people present in the gym, so mahi did not have to worry about virat.

After one hour since they were in the gym, vi room his phone to change the music when he saw a text.

"Rahul bhai texted." He informed mahi bhai. "He has reached here but he's directly going on the ground."

Mahi nodded. He had forgotten to ask them about when he will come because he wanted to talk to him and take his help.

After a few hours, the whole team came from practice along with rahul bhai. Mahi knew right now wasn't the right time to talk to him as everyone were together, so he waited until the night.

And when everyone had gone to their room, he went to rahul bhai's room.

"I am glad you came here for virat." Rahul bhai said after mahi had told why he decided to come and that he would stay until the whole series was completed.

"Yeah but that's not the only reason." Mahi said. "I know virat is innocent, everyone in this team knows that. I want to prove it as soon as possible and I will need your help."

Rahul bhai was looking uncertain.
"We both know how much this will hurt Dada if we do this."

"But we have to. We have to work in secret and prove vi innocent. I know he will feel bad but once we prove virat innocent, he will realize that vi was innocent all their time and everything would be alright. So will you please help me?"

Rahul bhai nodded, though he still looked a little skeptical and mahi did not blame him because he and dada are best of friends.

"Do you have any plan?" He asked mahi.
"I..uhh..do have a plan." Mahi said uncertainly. "but it's not the best and involves risk."
"What is it?" Rahul bhai asked.
"Uhh..it involves me doing a little acting. I know it's someone from bcci and that's why to investigate, we will have to get close so I might have to act in front of dada like I have started to believe him and try to collect evidences secretly."

Rahul bhai sighed. "Mahi you know what will happen if you get caught, right? Especially before being able to collect evidences. The consequences.." he trailed off.

"I know. I know." Mahi said "dada will be hurt really badly. And he might not even forgive me. But I can't think of anything else. From two days, I have tried to come up with a plan, but what can I even do, sitting here, having no contact with bcci?"

"But if he will realize, I can't imagine what strain it will cause on your and his relationship. Are you sure there's no other way?"

Mahi shook his head. "Virat is suspended for this series. You also know that. In yesterday's practice, people were booing at him, at every shot he hit, there were banners against him. He's strong..he's really strong, but if this goes on, how long do you think he will able to stay strong? If he's not proved innocent, he might even be removed from the team. If I don't fo anything, bhai, whatever will happen, will not be good."