Ch-12 A promise made

"Cheeku open the door." It was mahi bhai.
Virat had half a mind to open the door right there, but then he decided against it. He wasn't ready to know that maybe nahi bhai didn't trust him and had come to tell him that he was disappointed in him.

There was knocking once more. "cheeku I know you can hear me. Open the door or I will break it."

That warning did get virat finally moving. Though more than warning, he wanted to open the door only to see mahi bhai and hug him.

He opened the door and immediately hugged mahi bhai.

Mahi bhai hugged him back equally tightly.

"Bhai you came! It means you..you believe in me, right?" He asked uncertainly but still not leaving mahi bhai.

"Of course, cheeku. Is that even a question?" Mahi bhai asked.

Vi smiled slightly glad to hear that.

They parted from the hug after sometime and mahi bhai asked "did you really think that I wouldn't believe you?"

"You didn't call me or texted me so.." vi said now regretting thinking like that.

Mahi bhai face palmed. "I wanted to surprise you, and I was so excited that I knew I would reveal it if I talked to you, but I did not even think for a second that just in two days, you will start to overthink. I overestimated your ability to use your brain, cheeku."

Vi scowled. But before he could reply, ro interrupted "haven't I been telling you that bhai? That vi doesn't have brain? But you don't ever listen to me."

"Shut up, ro." Vi said glaring at him.
"What? I am just telling the truth. I had also told him bhai that there must be a reason why you didn't call, but he just did not want to listen."

"It's okay, don't start fighting you two." Mahi bhai said as he knew virat was going to retaliate. "Let's go inside and you tell me why you locked yourself in the room."

They went inside and mahi sat beside virat. "Now tell me what happened?" He asked.

Virat told him everything. About how they got the video, their conversation with Sourav sir, and then they got distracted but then the video was leaked by someone and what happened today, how people were booing when he came to practice and how they were holding banners saying he was a cheater and every other bad thing and just before sometime, vi read that he was suspended from the whole west indies series.

By the time, virat had ended, he had a few tears in his eyes which he didn't realize until mahi bhai wiped it.
And then he hugged him. "I know it's a hard time you are going through cheeku, but I promise you, I will make it alright. I will catch whoever is behind this and prove you innocent. I promise you, this is just for sometime. And till this is not over, I will not leave your side."

"Really, you promise?" Virat asked and mahi bhai's heart broke hearing the vulnerability his vi had in his voice.

"I promise cheeku. And have I ever broken any promise I have given to you?"
Vi smiled. "No, you haven't."
Then he looked at rohit who was standing there and smiling and stretched his arm. "What are you doing, standing there? Won't you come?"

Ro nodded and went there to hug both mahi bhai and vi.

"Mahi bhai!" Just then they heard a shout. They turned around to see harry surprised and the whole team who was behind him, surprised as well.

"When did you come?"
"Just before sometime." Mahi bhai said and went to hug harry.
And then one by one everyone hugged him.

"I am so glad you have come mahi bhai." Jinks said softly. "vi will need everyone, right now."