"What are you going to do? Date me?"

A/N: This work is inspired by chaoticregulusstan post on Tumblr:

Regulus: And then I said "What are you gonna do? Date me?"

Regulus: I am as shocked as you are, honestly.

Sirius: Is that your explanation of why you're going to marry my best friend? 

"YOU GUYS ARE GETTING MARRIED?!? I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW Y'ALL WERE DATING AND YOU COME TO ME NOW SAYING YOU ARE GOING TO GET MARRIED?!?" Sirius screams out of shock and hurt. James or Regulus never told him they have been dating apparently long enough to get married.

"Yeah me and James are getting married," Regulus says, wondering to himself why Sirius is talking like James is in the room. James is currently being the brave Gryffindor Auror he could and is hiding at his office while his fiancé tells Sirius.

"HOW!?!?!"

"Well, it all started when we had to partner up when I started at Gringotts. . ."

****************

FLASHBACK

****************

"I know you are new here and all but the Aurors are investigating things for the murder cult that is coming more prominent, but the Goblins don't want to work with them so could you please do it?" Mx. Delta says basically begging Regulus. Mx. Delta is an older person who has worked here for years with the magical wards. Being one of the few sorcerers to work at the bank.

"Okay," 'why the fuck not.' Regulus thought to himself. 'It can't be that bad, what is the worst thing that could happen to me? Get murdered maybe? Talk to an annoying person for an extended period of time?'

"Thank you so much, Mr. Black. They are coming in 3 hours and you are going to need to meet them in the front, okay?"
"Okay, I am going to put it on my calendar," Regulus says, Mx. Delta walks out of the room while he gets up and marks it on his calendar/schedule. These calendars/schedules are enchanted to a big board where everyone's calendar/schedule is there so a person just has to look there to find anyone that works there.

****************

Skip To The Meeting

****************

"Hello. . .Mr. Potter what could I assist you with?" Regulus says looking James up and down he was always an attractive person but now he was more Regulus' type. He has an under cut now, probably to help tame his messy jet black hair, and keep it out of the way when he has to chase down people. And he is a lot more fit, again from having to handle people whenever they get physically violent when they lose their wands.

"Oh, come on Reggie just call me James, no need to be formal with friends," James replies, smirking the smirk that probably made girls, guys, just generally people swoon. But Regulus was not going to fall for it. Even if it made his chest feel warm, no, and did this dumb dear call him 'Reggie' and call them 'friends'? They barely know each other! We are in a professional setting anyway so even if they were friends they should not act like this. No, he would not stand for this hypocrisy.

"First Mr. Potter, don't call me Reggie. Second, we aren't friends even if we were then we still need to act professionally." Regulus retorts, and James rolls his eyes smiling.

"Oh, come on, nobody acts that professional and if you don't think we are friends, then I have to work on that." James winks at Regulus. 'The nerve of this man to wink at me. Acting like he knows it all.' Regulus thinks to himself before firing back at him.

"Well, here I am put on a different standard clearly different from what the ministry puts on you Aurors at least. And something you need to understand Mr. Potter is that we will never be friends because I never want to be friends with you. So it will never happen okay?"

"I don't think so I am going to make it so we are best friends and we will never want to be apart."

"What are you going to do? Date me?"

****************

Back To Current Time

****************

"Honestly, I am just as shocked as you," Regulus says to a stunned Sirius.

"Is that your explanation of why you're going to marry my best friend?"

"Yeah, listen he is fucking committed and I find that very attractive in a man"

"AH! DON'T TALK ABOUT MY BEST FRIEND LIKE THAT!"

"I AM GOING TO FUCKING MARRY HIM AND GO ON A HONEYMOON WHERE WE ARE JUST GOING TO FU-"

"AH NO NO NO NO STOP PLEASE HAVE MERCY! MOONY PLEASE COME SAVE ME!"

****************

James and Remus

****************

"Do you think he will be mad?" James asks.

"Think? HA! He is going to kill you."