He'll Love You, If You Love Him Like That

A/N: I have written/co-authored 17 fics on this account. I have written 3 others on a different account that I am ashamed exists. So that totals 20 fanfics, and somehow I have never done a fic that was heavily inspired by a song. There are literal lyrics here from the song If You Love Her By Forest Blakk.

 Tomorrow was the day James is going to get married to one of his best friends, his lover since they were fresh in their 20s, Regulus Archus Black. Both of them have been through a lot together, if fact how they fell in love was when they were on the track for a murder cult. Well, more like James on the track since he is an Auror, and Regulus was just giving him the member's bank transactions but then one thing led to another, and next thing you know they are fighting against this wizard named Tom.

After the final blow to make him unconscious they kissed out of fear of losing the other, and the passion that only the start of romance provides. Though James would argue that the passion only got stronger as their relationship aged, from pure passion with a little compassion for each other to a beautiful, artful balance between the two.

When Sirius found out about the two a couple of weeks after the kiss and a first date he was pissed at James for dating his brother, also being worried that James would hurt Regulus since at the time James was unknown for heartbreak and Sirius would never want that for his brother, finally understanding what it was like for all the people's siblings/found family when James broke their heart. It breaks yours too.

Sirius got over it eventually after realizing it wasn't all about sex for James and he actually cared for and love his brother. Though Sirius has told no one (well he told Moony but he doesn't count) that even after 7 years of them dating he is still worried that one day James will just leave Regulus. Maybe it is his trust issues. Maybe it is watching James do it so many times. But no matter the reason Sirius is still worried, after all that has happened with his mother and father Sirius doesn't want Regulus to go through more pain at the hands of someone that is supposed to love and put him first. It would break him, and it would break Sirius too, just having to watch as Regulus' last hope and example that other people love him goes down the gutter.

So, he goes to James' room and knocks on the door. He was going to make sure that doesn't happen to his little star.

"Come in!" James shouts through the closed door.

Sirius opens the door and walks into James' room, that same room that has been his since he was born. They were getting married in the gardens of James' parent's house. James' and Regulus' favorite spot and the place where he proposed to him too.

"Hey, Sirius, what is going on?" James asks sitting on the floor of his room with papers around him clearly finishing up paperwork so he won't have to do anything during his honeymoon.

"I want to talk to you about Regulus."

"Is something wrong? Is he okay?"

"No, no, there is nothing wrong with Regulus he is fine, he is asleep in fact it is more about. . ." Sirius stops himself not really sure how to put this.

"About?"

"Y'all."

"What does that mean? Do you think I am cheating on him? Sirius, I swear on Mr. Snuffles that I am not cheating on your brother." James says Mr. Snuffles is Regulus and James' pet snake or their baby as they have said many times and have confused many people when they are seemingly talking about their child and then says he has fangs. Mr. Snuffles is being watched by Remus and Sirius while they are gone, who are currently in Remus and Sirius' room where they are staying for them to take back to their place after the wedding.

"No no, well, kinda."

"The fuck do you mean "kinda"?"

"Well, I just, for a while now I have been scared that you are going to leave Regulus and break his heart. Like the doesn't deserve that James okay? You better not do anything like that. He is the best thing that you will ever and I mean ever have. So take it. If he gives you his heart in vulnerability, then take it and never break it. I want your arms to be a place he will always feel safe in. I want him to be able to come to you when he has trouble falling asleep. He has always had that problem. I want him to be able to hug you and cuddle you when in bed because that makes him feel better and safe. I want him to want to dance with you to the classical music that he adores, to be able to love two of his favorite things with him. I want him to rant or make you read those trashy books that he reads to laugh at.

I want him to write you love notes to show that he loves you and I want him to look forward to you writing one back. I want him to obsess over Mr. Snuffles and other snakes to you. I want him to drag you to a shop to get a gift for someone or even you. I want you to shower him with compliments so maybe he will actually take them and not brush them off like they are nothing and finally see how we see him. I want him to want you to love all of his friends and have all of us as his family.

He'll love you if you love him on days when it feels like the entire world might cave in on him. Or if he is just having a hard time. To be able to stand by his side during that time will be the world to him.

Give him the most compassion whenever he is sad, do it like it is your most important passion. Whenever he forgets his worth tell him repeatedly how much he is worth so he will never forget what you mean to him. Since he gave you his heart, don't break it." Sirius says basically making a speech on what James should do for his brother, at some point, Sirius had no clue when he had cried.

James had sat there the whole time just letting Sirius get it out, he finally stood up and walked over to Sirius and gave him a hug.

"I promise I will do my best. I never want to be the reason he is in pain."