Fake It. To Make Everything Happen

A/N: This was based of this post that I saw on TikTok and I can't find the original poster but this what it said: IMAGINE! Regulus pretends to have a crush on Remus to light a fire under his big brother's ass and force Sirius into acting on his own feelings for Remus. (Incidentally, it also lights a fire under James's ass and he and Regulus get together too. Just a fun little benefit). If you know the original poster then please let me know! Also the nickname Reynard is from 'The fate that ties us together by Stargirl29' It is a really good fic about wolfstar and jegulus getting together with some soulmate au sprinkled in there. I really recommend it.

 "I have a crush on Remus," Sirius confesses to his little brother Regulus. They were having one of their late-night talks at the Potter's house. When Sirius ran away, he brought Regulus with him, it has been 2 years since then. Now Sirius was in 7th year and Regulus in 6th year.

"Tell me something I don't know Sirius," Regulus says. "Are you planning on telling him and that is why you are now telling me this?"

"No."

"No?"

"Never ever. I don't want to ruin our friendship. He probably doesn't even like me like that. I mean why would he ever like me like that anyway?" Sirius rambles off while Regulus is questioning life. 'How fucking dense is this man that he doesn't see the way these idiots look at each other. You would have thought they have been married for decades. Well, it is clear as day that he won't do anything so it is no use trying. It would be a waste of energy. Maybe try Remus? No, that is too awkward. Wait. I got it. What if I pretend to have a crush on Remus and then it would light a fire under his ass?'

"Okay. Guess that means I can make a move on Remus then."

"Excuse me?"

"I have had a crush on Remus for a couple months now. Do you think you could ask to see if he might like me? You know, ask who he likes."

"I- what?"

"Oh, do you not want me to talk to you about it? I thought it was fine now that I know you don't want to make a move. I can not talk to you about it if you want."

"NO! No, dearest brother. Tell me more." Sirius practically shouts. 'Good, I got him hooked. This might work better than I thought.' Regulus thinks to himself.

'I just want to know because he is one of my best friends. Maybe I could sabotage him. But it is my brother. But it will hurt so much. But I want them to be happy. But I want to be happy. Maybe I could make a move first? But the friendship could be ruined. And what about Regulus? UGH! What do I do?' Sirius was sparling.

"Well, I am planning on just giving him hints, maybe? What do you think?" Regulus replies.

"That sounds great. I am going to bed. I am exhausted. Night Regulus."

"Night Sirius," Regulus says. 'Oh yeah, this is working.'

In The Morning

Remus was coming over in about an hour. Peter couldn't make it sadly though because he was visiting a cousin in America. Regulus and Sirius were both dreading it. Sirius because he would have to watch Regulus flirt, or attempt whatever the fuck he had planned. Regulus because he has to pretend to fancy Remus. He had never seen Remus in that light and in fact he has fancied James for now. This was going to be hard.

"Remus! It's so great to see you, my dear! How are you? Your sister? Mother? Father?" Euphemia says after she opened the door. 'Here we go. You can do this Regulus. You just got to be a little more friendly.' Regulus tells himself in his head.