4

-2005-

Y/N lazily sat at her desk, her chin resting in her palms. 

'Ugh...I just want out already.' she thought, practically falling asleep at the boring lesson. Checking the time, she noticed it would only be 2 more minutes until a certain someone showed up to save her. She smiled to herself at the thought.

As she looked around the room, she noticed multiple other students either asleep on their desks, or not paying attention. There was one girl, however, that stood out from the rest. Her short pink hair framed her face perfectly, and the beauty mark under her eye made her all that prettier. Y/n recognized her as Hinata Tachibana. She was pretty popular around the school, but Y/n didn't know her personally. In fact, she's never even spoken a word to her. 

As she was focused on studying the pink-haired girl, the sound of a familiar voice interrupted her train of thought.

A small smile formed on her face as she turned her head, and saw the owner of the voice she was so fond of.

"Pardon me, but I need to borrow L/N Y/N," Mikey stated, a closed-eyed smile on his face, "that won't be a problem, will it?"

Before the teacher could respond, N/N jumped out of her seat and grabbed her bag in a hurry.

"Nope, not a problem here! Excuse me, will ya?" She rambled, pushing through the desks as her teacher looked at her with a shocked expression.

"Hey! I'm teaching a class here!" the professor spat.

N/N simply giggled as Mikey stuck his tongue out mockingly, all while grabbing her wrist and pulling her away before any more could be said.

--

"Y/N huh? Haven't heard that one come outta' your mouth in a while, Manjiro." N/n teased as she walked side by side with her best friend.

"Yeah? Do ya miss it?" He teased, a mischievous smirk on his lips.

"Heh, shut up."

By the time the two were outside, N/n was getting ready to board the back of his motorcycle, and as usual, he put the helmet on her head and instructed her to hold onto his waist. Even though they've done this multiple times, he always says the same thing.

"All these years later and I still don't have my own motorcycle..." she sighed, boarding the bike.

"Eh, what's the matter with riding on mine?!" Mikey pouted.

She could've responded with something snarky, and if it was anyone else, she would've. But the truth is, she liked riding with him. Her favorite part was looking in the rear-viewer mirror while he was driving, so she could see the look on his face as she held onto him, both of their hair blowing in the wind. Sometimes she'd catch him looking too, and they'd exchange a smile.

"...hah, I guess I can't think of a reason why it's bad," she responded, nervously laughing as she scratched the back of her neck.

"That's right, now let's get goin', I'm hungry!" Mikey smiled starting up the engine.

----

As they arrived at the diner, N/N couldn't help but laugh at the way Mikey's hair fell in front of his face. Apparently, since he was going too fast, the hair tie flew off mid-ride. 

"....Your hair looks stupid," N/n giggled, covering her mouth as she felt her cheeks slightly heat up by the sight in front of her, "here, sit down, and lemme fix it for you."

Mikey pouted as he obliged and sat down in the booth, his knees up, facing his back to Y/N. She followed and slid into the spot next to him. Pulling an extra hair tie off her wrist, she held it between her teeth as she gathered the front part of his hair together. She had done this process many times, in fact, she's usually the one who does it for him every morning before school.