9

He tried, he really did. 

He wanted this time to be different, for both of them. There was not a single thought in his head that made him think about the possibility of this outcome. Maybe he had been too careless, maybe it was unavoidable... but nevertheless, things ended up exactly the same for the two, only the positions were flipped. 

And out of the three of them, one was left dead, and the other went crazy in the future. 

As for the third one, 

well,

she disappeared after he left.

--- present time, school---

As Y/N was attempting to actually focus in class, she couldn't help but get a bit distracted by the loud chatter coming from outside her classroom. At first, she didn't care what they were talking about, she just wanted them to shut up.

That was, until she heard two familiar names being mentioned.

"What?! Hanagaki is friends with the Mikey?" a boy said, "I didn't know we had such a celebrity here!!"

Her ears immediately perked up, and she was most definitely going to check out what the hell was going on in the hall.

But it seemed as if she wasn't the only one who cared.

Watching Hinata exit the classroom in a hurried panic, she followed quickly behind her without the pink-haired girl's knowledge. As she left the room, she saw a bunch of kids crowded in the hallway. In a hurry, she shoved right through them.

"Mikey totally just kidnapped Takemichi...! He's so gonna get killed!" two familiar boys panicked, catching Hinata's attention.

At the end of the hallway, she spotted Mikey, Draken, and Takemichi. She got distracted for a split second, but seeing how Hinata strode over to her friends with a killer look in her eyes made her snap back.

"Stop right there!!" Hinata yelled, startling the three boys.

Mikey looked over at her lazily, slight confusion in his eyes. But before he could say anything, his eyes flickered to Y/N behind her.

"H-hina!" Takemichi yelled frantically seeing the look on her face.

Y/n noticed the way Hinata's arm lifted back, meaning she was about to raise it. 

"Hell no, she isn't about to do that on my watch!" N/N thought.

Just as she expected, Hinata had raised her arm, and aimed straight for Mikey's face.

Takemichi flinched as he waited to hear the impact of a slap, but instead, he was met with silence.

Hina herself looked confused at why her hand never reached his face. But as soon as she took a look beside her, she'd find out.

"Just what... the hell do you think you're doing?" N/N scowled, holding the pink-haired girl's wrist tightly in her hand.

"N/N?" Mikey questioned, slightly flustered.

"...let go of me," Hinata said confidently even though her hand was trembling.

"Why should I? Just who do you think you are?" Y/N spat.

"I had a very good reason for wanting to hit him!" Hinata cried out, attempting to wiggle out of Y/n's grasp, to no avail, "that asshole is bullying Takemichi-kun...!"

"He's been coming home all bruised up lately... I know it was their doing!" she accused.

Y/N looked confused as she pushed Hina away from her lightly.