12

"That's it, I finally said it out loud..." she thought, not knowing how to feel.

She loves Manjiro Sano, and she wishes the world could know it. If she wanted to, she could make a list of every little thing she loves about him.

But even then, there's a reason why she can't ever tell him.

And that reason, is guilt.

"Oh my god!! I so knew it!" Hina beamed, standing up from her seat with their hands still in each other's grasp.

"H-hina! Sit back down, you're freaking people out..." Y/N whispered, looking around.

"Oops, sorry!" she grinned sheepishly, "but N/N..."

"Don't you know how great this is?!" 

"I'm getting so happy just thinking about it! Think of all the double dates we can go on..." she daydreamed.

"Alright, now you're getting ahead of yourself, me and him aren't even dating." N/N sighed.

"Ha, but you will be; mark my words, I'll make you two happen!" Hina exclaimed, holding up a finger.

"I...don't think he likes me like that," Y/N mumbled sadly, "he seems to treat me like he treats all of his friends."

The pink-haired girl thought for a moment, before speaking up.

"I don't believe that for a second." she scoffed.

"And Hina... you can't tell anyone about this, okay?"

She couldn't explain to her why she couldn't bring herself to ever confess to him.

"I won't, don't worry. Your secret's safe with me!" the pink-haired girl giggled.

"Follow me, will ya?" she smiled.

Y/N tilted her head in confusion, earning a waiting look from Hinata, before obliging.

"Come on, let's go!" Hina giggled, grabbing her new friend's hand and running out of the diner.

"Where are we going?!?" N/N called out, as she ran while being dragged away.

"Hehe, you'll see!"

-2 minutes later-

"Huh? What's this place?" N/N questioned.

"It's called (favorite clothing store)!" Hina smiled, pulling her further into the store, "we...are going to go shopping!"

"This way, you can have some new clothes for Mikey to admire~" she snickered evilly.

Y/N's face immediately turned red at this comment, "W-what the hell are you talking about?!"

----

1 hour later, and the girls have a ton of clothes slung over their arms. Y/N was surprisingly having the time of her life, and was shocked to find so many things that are her style.

"Whew, that was a lot of shopping!" Hina sweatdropped.

"Yeah, it was really fun though, thank you for bringing me here." Y/N smiled.

"Of course! It's nice to have a friend come along with you." 

"So, what are you doing after this?" she asked.

N/N had to take a second to think about that question, and quickly stiffened as she realized she'd told Mikey she'd come over after. Now that she'd actually said her feelings out loud, she didn't want to act differently around the boy.

"I um... I did tell Mikey I'd come over-"

"WHAT?!" Hina exclaimed.

"Oh my god...this calls for a makeover!" 

"A makeover? Is that insulting?" Y/N asked.

"No, you look great already, but we just bought so many things!" she replied.

"If you don't mind, I'll help you get ready at your house?

...

"Hm, why not." the h/c girl gave in.

----

"Just a little more blush... and..."

"...done!"

The pink-haired girl had been ecstatic she had a reason to do someone's hair and makeup, and obviously took advantage of the situation.

"Wow, you look great, he'll totally be stunned!" Hina cheered, pushing Y/N towards the mirror.

As the girl looked at her reflection, her eyes widened. She had put on some of the new clothes she bought, her hair was styled, and she had gotten her makeup done by Hina. 

"Oh...wow, I look-"

"really good!" Y/N smiled.

"Hell yeah you do girl, now..."

"Go get 'em!" Hina teased.

"Hey, I'm just going to hang out with him like we always do. I'm not even sure why I let you do all of this." N/N informed, crossing her arms.

"Yeah right, well, let me know how it goes tomorrow! I have to head home anyways," she replied, grabbing her stuff.

"Alright then, see you Hina." the h/c girl waved.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, I'm so tired!!

CHAP 269 SPOILERS:

guys I just read chapter 269 and I'm SOBBING. Like I am literally so done with this shit bro can my boy just be happy for once?? I'm in shock that originally Mikey was literally paralyzed and didn't even know Draken or any of the others?? Breaking my heart here. But I was thinking about it and even though Shin died I still think the timeline he created was better than the og one, because that way Mikey could at least live his teenage years around people he loves yk? Also, I realized every time someone gets saved someone else dies in return, so in order for Mikey to be saved, YK who's dying? hehe

I'm 100% incorporating the og timeline into this story btw. This will def have a lot of chapters!!

Also, does anyone else have an extremely boring hs life so you indulge yourself in fiction as comfort? cuz I be doing that and it's taking a toll on me bro- I don't think a fictional character's life should be making me this upset LMAO...

------------------------------------------------