015 | you're such a tease

Stood in the middle of her parent's kitchen with her arms wrapped around Eliana as she had her head rested against her aunt's chest while she calmed down from a slight melt down, Adalyn slowly swayed the girl side to side as she hushed her.

The little girl lifted her head as she heard the door bell ring, furrowing her brows and tilting her head as she looked at the elder confused. "Who's here?" she asked as they walked over to the door.

"mh I don't know, let's see," Adalyn said despite having a good idea on who it was.

Glancing at the security camera monitor by the front door before opening it for her boyfriend, exchanging a smile as they said simple greeting to each other and shared a singular quick kiss on the lips.

Eliana didn't say much and just kept her head laying on Adalyn's chest as Jack made his way inside and they went back over to the kitchen so they could soon have dinner which she had already made for them.

"You're really quiet today," Jack spoke in a soft tone as he gently ran his hand over Eliana's hair.

"She's sad," Adalyn explained to the boy with a small pout. "Do you wanna tell Jack why you're upset and what happened with your teddy while I get dinner for you?"

"Addie was using the water.." Eliana begun babbling as her aunt sat her down on the edge of the counter top in front of Jack. "And my teddy got really wet and got me all wet so I had to change and now I don't have her," she frowned.

"And where's your teddy now? Getting dry?" Jack asked the little girl, quickly receiving a nod in response.

"Teddy thought he could swim, didn't he?" Adalyn chimed in as she looked over at the pair. "And now he's in the dyer so you can have him for bed."

"She!" Eliana corrected her. "My teddy is a girl. Her name is Minnie."

"Sorry princess."

"Is your teddy named after Minnie Mouse?" Jack gained the girls attention again.

"mhm," she agreed, a wide smile plastered across her face. "Addie said we can buy her a pretty pink princess dress so we can match."

"That's nice of her," he returned the smile.

"Guess what!"

"What?"

"I met Minnie Mouse the other day at Disney!"

"Really?! I'm so jealous," he replied.

"Princess tell Jack what you get if you eat all your dinner tonight," Adalyn spoke up as she was finishing up with the plating of the their food. "Do you remember?"

"mhm. Cake!"

He let out a playful gasp of surprise, "Is it someone's birthday?"

"Mine," she nodded. "Two days ago. Mommy and Daddy got me a lot of presents!"

"Really? How old are you now?"

"Three," she said holding up her fingers to show.

"That's looks like four to me," he chuckled before grabbing her hand and helping her with what three looks like, "Put this one down.. there we go. You're getting so big."