037 | i'm not letting you

Over the span of almost a week since the couple had went their own ways again so Jack could continue with the tour, Adalyn had been keeping in decent contact with him but she still found herself feeling lonely being in her apartment and not seeing friends.

But instead of drowning herself in her emotions, fixating on substances, or acting on bad decisions, she decided to get herself of the apartment and surprise her boyfriend with more than just herself.

So upon arriving in Hawaii with Lucas, since all her friends were busy with work and she didn't want to fly alone. Having zero communication with Lavender's mother or even Jack about her plans, the two had been dropped off in the general area in which Adalyn remembered her house being.

"I'm pretty sure her house is a couple more from here.. I remember that playground," Adalyn mentioned as the two continued to wander down the street, their luggage still with them.

"Are you okay Adalyn?" he asked. "Like be honest, you just don't seem like you're in a very good mindset at the moment-"

"Fuck off Lucas!" she snapped at him as she stopped in place. "I only wanted you to fly here with me, you can go to the hotel and do whatever you want now."

"Would you like me to wait till you have his daughter?"

"No. His fucking ex is a fucking psycho and she's gonna start all this shit about how I'm cheating on Jack with you and shit like that," she mindless babbled. "So fuck off."

"Okay," he held his hands up slightly. "You go, I'll just wait around here in case things don't go how you plan and then you won't have to Uber alone."

"Whatever, keep my bag," she rolled her eyes at him, letting go of her suitcase and then turning around to keep walking towards the girl's place, looking at each of the houses.

Eventually Adalyn stopped at the one she vividly remembered having a disagreement out the front of back in December, and took a deep breath to gather any emotions she had to avoid having another semi-fight, before knocking on the door and patiently wait for it to be answered.

"um.. hey.." Gabriela furrowed at the girl in front of her as she unlocked her phone to check her messages. "Jack's girlfriend, right? I don't remember organising with him for you to come and pick Lavender up today.."

"oh it wasn't," Adalyn shook her head. "I know Jack was supposed to have her like last week so I was thinking I would surprise him with her. And he hasn't seen her in months so.."

"Aren't you suppose to be coming next week for her?" she asked, still confused by the whole situation. "I'm sorry but I'm not letting you take her to him today, and definitely not for a week, I'm not going to pick her up and than have you take her again two days later."

"What about just a couple days, one show? I'll take her there and I'll bring her back, I'll pay for it, like you don't have to do anything, you just have to let me take her," she babbled.

"You can take her around town for the day, facetime Jack, take her to dinner whatever but you're not taking Lavender anywhere else," the little girl's mother tried to make deal.

"That's fucking bullshit," Adalyn scoffed. "Jack hasn't seen her since January, just let me take her for a couple days to see him."