𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕪 𝕪𝕖𝕒𝕣

End of summer, first day of high school. 86 baby.

✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

Hopper finally finishes setting up the table, of course as always El being the first one sat at the table waiting to eat her eggo waffles. Hooper looks at the table with a proud smile on his face as he claps his hands.

"Alright breakfast is ready!"

El chuckles. "You did a good job, as always"

Hopper winks at her before looking around. "What's taking Aura so long? Steve will be arriving soon to pick you guys up"

El shurgs.

"Give her a break. It's her first day, she's probably nervous"

Hopper nods.

"You get started kid, we'll join you in a minute"

He states as he walks out the kitchen and to Aura's room. He knocks twice before calling out her name.

"Aura? Are you ready?"

There was no response, he wanted to think she was still asleep but he knew that wasn't the case. She couldn't sleep, even if it's been a month since her parents passing. She had to take sleeping pills time to time but even then she wouldn't take it every single night. He clears his throat and places his hand on the door knob.

"Aura, I'm coming in"

He calls out before opening the door and notices Aura paces up and down her bedroom slowly muttering to herself, still in her pj's. Hopper slowly walks towards her.

"Aura.."

She continues muttering, Hopper stands in front of her grabbing her shoulders snapping her out of her out of it. She gasps looking up at him with tears in her eyes.

"Aura, not this again.."

She closes her eyes letting the tears roll down her cheeks.

"I keep replaying that night over and over in my head.. if only.. if only I didn't ask them to take me to the movies.. none of it would of happened.."

Hopper pulls her into his chest embracing her into a loving hug.

"You can't keep blaming yourself Aura, you were just excited on seeing the movies with your friends and they offered you a ride, any parent would of done the same for their kid.."

She sniffs wiping her tears away with her hand still leaning into his hug.

"What if-"

Hopper instantly cuts her off.

"There is no what if's. We only have one life and it's this one. We have to live through tragic events that happen and we can't change it.. we just have to accept it and move on"

There was nothing Hopper can say or do to change her mindset. She felt guilty. She blamed herself for her parent's death. All because she wanted to go to the movies. If only she stayed hime. If only. That's the thought circling through her mind, day and night.

"Is everything okay?"

El says softly standing outside the hallway. Hopper and Aura pull away from the hug as they turn to look at her. They couldn't help but chuckle. El tilts her head to the side confused.

"You..uh-"

Aura motions her finger to her mouth, letting El know she had chocolate stains around her mouth. El licks her lips.