SEVENTEEN

"I'm sorry" Dylan said out of nowhere, causing all of Isabel's current sorrow and pain to completely melt away.

He looked like he had gone through a lot within the forty-five minutes she left his room. How was that even possible? He ought to be excited after speaking to his family, because she was certain he has already put a call through to his loved ones. His down cast look and tired eyes that made him seem older than his actual age was sending a whole different message.

"What for?" She went ahead to ask, sounding as stern as possible.

"For everything" He sincerely replied, surprising her all the more.

She felt his sincerity not just in his voice, but also saw it in his eyes, causing her to wonder where all of this was coming from. He was angry at her from the very beginning up until that night, and she had no doubt that she was going to become mateless in the next two days, so why the sudden change of events? Was this a ploy by he and his family to distract her from her priorities?

'Don't overthink this, Isabel. Learn to trust your mate'

Her subconscious has been meddling in her affairs of late with crazy ideas. This she doubted was a good sign, as it constantly interfered with her decisions and that of her wolf.

"Let's give him a chance" Her wolf cleared whatever doubts she was harbouring.

Dylan was abruptly pushed against the wall by his dominant werewolf mate. Her eyes was filled with lust and another emotion he couldn't decipher, as she traced her fingers delicately on his abs. He felt a quiver of excitement run through him from his mate's actions. His lower region positioned against her body as she leapt forward, causing his flesh to burn with desire. He could tell from her body language that she was teasing him, and he mentally questioned himself if she was being sincere with him, or was giving him a taste of his own medicine. All his fears vanished the very second a pair of soft lips landed on his.

The kiss was slow and delicate, like she was familiarizing with his lips. This sent waves of heat across his entire body as he kissed back, gently pulling her to himself for a better contact. Her fingers slid through his abs and lingered on his chest before snaking around his neck as she deepened the kiss. Dylan took the initiative and ran his tongue slowly across her lower lips, begging for entrance, but she didn't budge. Instead she pushed herself hard against him, earning an excited groan from the back of his throat, giving her access into his minty mouth. Their tongues moved in a slow and steady rhythm, making it feel like this wasn't their first kiss. After what felt like forever, Isabel ended the kiss, making sure to peck his lips before pulling away completely.

Dylan still dazed by the magical kiss they just shared held her against himself, with no intention of letting her go. He pressed his forehead against hers while his hands caressed her back.

"You moved in without me" He whispered against her lips, letting their lips touch in the process.

He hasn't had enough of her tonight, so he was going to take advantage of every chance he gets.

"I owe you no explanation" Isabel whispered back, tracing imaginary patterns on his biceps.

"I know, but still... I feel betrayed"

"You're here now"

His mate gave him an affectionate pat on his chest before pulling away from his embrace.

"Goodnight" She eventually said, making her way to the bed.

Dylan smiled to himself at the turnout of events. The night he dreaded with all his might ended up being the beginning of the best nights of his life.

Dylan felt his head rising and falling in a slow rhythm, and he couldn't help but wonder if his pillow was a moving object. His wolf howled its satisfaction at the feeling of someone affectionately stroking his hair, coupled with the intoxicating scent of his mate. He opened his eyes to confirm whether or not he was in the real world or a dreamland only to find his head comfortably placed between Isabel's breasts while she stroked his hair. How did he move from his side of the bed to this position? This must've happened in the dead of the night since he was a sound sleeper. He guess she was a light sleeper, given the fact that she was already awake. Thinking of the discomfort he may have caused her, he moved away from her embrace and instantly apologized.

"I'm sorry"

This was so embarrassing, he thought to himself, especially on their first night sleeping in the same room. He threw the covers from his body, to get away from the awkward and embarrassing situation, but Isabel pinned him to the bed, straddling him, to his utmost surprise.

Thank God she's still in a good mood.

"I get the feeling you'll be saying those two words quite often" She smiled at him for the very first time.

He felt butterflies erupt in his stomach at this small action. Her hair was poured down this time, giving her an angelic yet sexy look. There was pure adoration in her eyes. This was the first time he could actually tell how she felt.

"I guess so" He replied after drinking in her beauty.

He noticed her eyes flash gold at his reply, which indicated that her wolf was pleased with his response. She leaned down and connected their lips for a sweet kiss. She didn't deepen the kiss as they both haven't brushed their teeth.

"Good morning" She whispered against his ear, causing his body to twitch.

She climbed out of bed and quickly wrapped her hair in a messy bun.

"Go freshen up. We'll be going over to my parents' this morning"

And his alpha mate was back.